• Register
  • Help

Topic: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/b]**

Share/Bookmark

Smile **Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released !**

Hi all, here's the product blurb, I'll be posting demos later today, all of those who preordered will have their copies shipped today

NEW ! GS3 24 Bit Features :

This version of our library was not ported from GS2, this is a totally reprogrammed from the ground up library, the addition of almost unlimited dimensions in GS3 permits now 32 transition velocities (16 pedal up / 16 pedal down) instead of the 16 in GS2, what this translates into for the users is much smoother transitions from one velocity to another specially in the softer velocities where special attention was given to ensure better response when playing very softly. Obviously 24 bits does sound better and will cut through a mix easier when mixed in with other instruments.

As in the other version of the library you get 3 recorded perspectives, Ambient, Close Miked and Player Perspective in 12 recorded velocities (32 transition velocities) with Release Samples, Pedal Noises Fx and 2 new sets of impulses body resonance and bridge resonance.

One of the most important if not the most crucial elements of this new version is that we actually went back to the studio where we initially recorded the library to capture Pedal Up and Pedal Down Body resonance and Bridge resonance impulses to use in conjunction with GS3's most powerful and innovative feature, the embedded Gigapulse Pro convolution engine. These were taken from the actual Piano used to record the library, yes you heard right 2 different sets of impulses ! The bridge resonance impulses sound a little brighter and the Body resonance impulses sound much darker giving you 2 different options of Resonance emulation, these really do make a huge difference in realism, in conjunction with Pedal Fx noises, this library at the special introductory price of $149.95 is in our opinion the most complete Yamaha C7 Grand Piano library ever created.

System Requirements for the library are the same as Tascam GS3's recommended system requirements :

Pentium VI 2.8GHz Processor or AMD 3200 XP Processor (Library works with a AMD 2600 XP Processor with the Gigapulse convolution engine running 2 instances for the Pedal Up and Pedal Down resonance impulses, if you are not using Gigapulse a AMD XP 1700 or Intel P4 1.4 ghz or higher cpu will work fine)

· Windows XP SP1

· 1GB RAM

· Monitor Resolution 1024 x 768

· Application Hard Drive Space: 1GB

· Dedicated Sample Drive with many free GIGS of sample storage space: 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, 8.9 ms Seek time

· MIDI Interface

· GSIF compatible sound card or ReWire compatible host application

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/

Franky,

Sounds interesting - I look forward to hearing the demos.

Can you clarify what this means:

"12 recorded velocities (32 transition velocities)"
    Are you saying that for each note, there are 12 actual samples, but these samples are mapped into 32 velocity zones, presumably with some sort of filtering to make them simulate 32 discrete samples?

Tom Boughner

Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/

Quote Originally Posted by tombo
    Franky,

Sounds interesting - I look forward to hearing the demos.

Can you clarify what this means:

Are you saying that for each note, there are 12 actual samples, but these samples are mapped into 32 velocity zones, presumably with some sort of filtering to make them simulate 32 discrete samples?

Tom Boughner

Hi Tom,
    Yes, that's what it means

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/b]**

Hi Franky!

So you made 32 layers for pedal up! + C7 convolution = Sounds great !

I'm looking forward demos too.

Xavier

Smile Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/b]**

Actually it's 16 velocities pedal up and 16 pedal down, I use gigapulse a bit differently than what's been done so far. I'm not totally convinced from experimenting and using what was provided with GS3 that impulses on their own can totally replace resonance from pedal down samples as it stands now imho, but used in conjunction with real pedal down samples the impulses really enhances and brings forward the natural resonance of the piano, hence a way more realistic sound and of course it really really helps for the pedal up samples, I'll be posting demos later tonight or early tommorow morning that really explain better than I can with words (priority #1 : ship out all the preorders).

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Thanks Franky. Looking forward to hearing the demo. I do like the basic sound of the C7 demos on your website currently. I'll be curious to see how much better the GS3 version sounds.

Tom

Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/b]**

Franky,

Best wishes on your Giga 3 release of your beautiful Yamaha C7!

All the best,

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Smile Re: **[b]Vintaudio GS3 24 bit Ultimate YAMAHA C7 with 2 sets of impulses Released ![/b]**

Thanks Kip, you are truely a gentleman and a rarety in this industry.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio
    www.vintaudio.com

Go Back to forum