• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: An Original Work!!

Share/Bookmark

An Original Work!!

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/fredproggh/Lady.mp3

Well, obviously I've been wanting to try something original and for the last two days i've had a break from regular work. So, I sat down at the keyboard with absolutely nothing Well, except knowing I wanted to play with making a realistic legato expressive string line. So, out came the opening theme of this piece and the rest followed!! With sounds like this music writes itself!! So, here's a mini-suite tentatively titled "The Lady Waits". It's 100% GOS with a special guest appearance from GIGAHarp. At some point I'd like to add woodwinds to the middle section but it works as is for now.

Hope you all like it!!

Oh, file size is about 5Mb btw.

Re: An Original Work!!

nice job Fred, MAN!!!! those GOS strings are superb WOW WOW WOW!

Thanks Dan!! yeah, I think the low end stuff- cellos and basses- blows me away even more than the violins do.

Theres some subtle stuff going on in that first part. It's two patches on seperate channels with slightly different note ons and wheel data. Plus theres tons of little slides (a couple of which may be a hair obvious) to throw intonations slightly out here and there. I thought the slides provided in GOS were too obvious at first- like disco slides!! BUT now that I'm playing with them I realize there are lots of cool subtle things you can do by mixing slide "froms" and slide "tos", making them short duration and mixing them under held notes. There's a lot of experimenting to be done yet!!

And how about the trememlos and harmonics!! Too cool!

Actually yes, I should have said, those low strings sound awesome.
    The basses have such incredible definition. I would kill for GOS without having to use GIGA.

what reverb are you using, it sounds really good here on my computer speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    what reverb are you using, it sounds really good here on my computer speakers?
    Wow- three people have asked me about the reverb!!!

I'm monitoring the pc/tracking on a Roland VS 2480. That's its internal reverb- I haven't figured out GS3's mixing functions let alone Gigapulse yet. It's basically a small hall and a larger hall. Roland has excellent reverb, always has!! (I would like to push the harp back in the mix a bit by wetting it seperatly at some point; this was straight out of the pc).

make sure the harp has enough meat, it sound real crispy

Hm. It sounds like it's pretty well polished and ready to go. I liked!!

Sounds great. How do you write and record something like this in two days? I'm lucky when I can record a minute a week and it rarely, if ever, comes out sound this good.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Sounds great. How do you write and record something like this in two days?
    The fear that I won't get to do it again (for my own ends) for another month

Glad you liked!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast