• Register
  • Help

Topic: Comical Scherzo

Share/Bookmark

Comical Scherzo

Hi All!

I've completed the outlines for a new piece, and I don't usually post unfinnished work. But I thought someone might be kind enough to give their impressions. My methods are perhaps not very proper, since I recorded this file straight from Sibelius with GPOStudio set with the default Modwheel setting. I will, after it's completed, add modwheel and other tweaks in my sequencer. I'm most certainly not a pro who can do all these things at the same time...

Anyway, I thought any comments on the arrangement and orchestration will be apreciated, not too brutal though ..., considering the dynamics still need to be done.

Thank you for listening.

http://thecatcottage.com/LouisDScherzo.mp3

LouisD

Thumbs up Re: Comical Scherzo

LouisD,
    This was great! However, I must point out to you that if it I were to have been the one to program and play this wonderful cool Scherzo, it wouldn't be so great. Ya know why? .... Neither do I.

Seriously, no, really, seriously, it boggles my mind how you do this so well! I have to listen again. You have to submit this to the radio station! People have to hear.
    Cool.
    Styxx

Re: Comical Scherzo

I downloaded this twice and both times I got an error when trying to open (unknow format). Is the file OK? Anyone else have any problems?
    Trent P. McDonald

Sorry for the inconvenience, I realized now that the file is VRB format, whatever that is... It runs in the player I have but is probably 'program specific'. I'm not very good at this stuff.

I will replace the file with a new one.

Sorry again.

Regards

LouisD

I just tried MS media player and it seems to work (I like the sound of Roxio better and usually use it).

Anyway, I'm glad I did try media player - this is excellent. I like it as it is and can't wait to hear it with the dynamics all worked out.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks for the nice comments. This piece is the last movement of a little piano concerto. I've yet to come up with a first and second movement. I find it very hard to write for the piano, so I started this to try to improve my skills with piano.

Thanks again for listening.

Regards

LouisD

Thumbs up Re: Comical Scherzo

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Thanks for the nice comments. This piece is the last movement of a little piano concerto. I've yet to come up with a first and second movement. I find it very hard to write for the piano, so I started this to try to improve my skills with piano.

Thanks again for listening.

Regards

LouisD
    What? Last movement? Where did ya learn that trick, Lucas Films? Start with the last three then finish with the first?
    Vader says, "Louis, I'm your score writer louis!" Khhhhhhh Hhooooo
    Styxx

Go Back to forum