sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Here's why:

- moral values
    - stop the gays from marrying!
    - we like our guns

Simple as that. Sickening.

Thumbs down Re: You wanna know why so many voted for Bush

Wrong. It's because of the mentality behind posts like yours.

And it's echo'd all over the media, Dan Rather, CNN, Madonna, Cher, Bra Bra, Mammoth Moore, Woody, Shaun Penn, Bruce Sprinstien, Ditzy Chicks, Jon Bon Jovi, Timmothy Robbins, Susan Sarrandon, Alek Baldwin, Rock the Vote & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on - ad nauseum.

And I, sir, am a musician too - not some fat cat, cigar smoking capitilist pig - and am not alone when I say WE'RE SICK OF IT!

Re: You wanna know why so many voted for Bush

Actually, I don't fully rely on the media to get information. My information comes directly from the source: Bush voters. They repeatedly say the same things... he has strong character...good moral values...he believes in family values....blah blah blah..he'll keep us safe.

Maybe so. Maybe he will keep us safe, here in the US. Meanwhile, US citizens in the Middle East are still being beheaded. Looks like there's not much Bush is goint to do about that.

It's OK, let Bush have his fun. He has to fix all this mess himself now. And if we get attacked a 2nd time, Bush voters will rapidly lose faith in him.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Exclamation Re: You wanna know why so many voted for Bush

Sam, this stuff was going on since the Munich Olympics in the 70's.

Bush didn't start this. The folks in the middle east - (the radical one's NOT the everyday asian-indian-middle easterener) hate guys like you me in the music and film business the MOST.

I live in the S.F. Bay area and I'm 4% in my local neighborhood of whites, the rest; asian (like my wife) and then eastern Indian.

There are three mosks HIGH up on the hill and they DON'T LIKE the "free & easy" life style of "our" types - musicians, singers, rappers, actors, etc.

WE'RE FIRST TO GO if the radical's have their way. WE ARE FIRST!

Actually I wanted Bush to win because I don't want socialized health care, I don't want a president that's going to kowtow to the U.N., and I'm hoping the republicans can set in motion the privatization of social security and medicare.

I agree with TAI that Michael Moore and the hollywood elite did the most to help Bush win, right next to the grass roots get out the vote campaign. All those red states, imo, don't like people in Hollywood telling them how crappy their country is, which is exactly how people interpret that. they don't see his tyrades directed towards the president, they see it directed at America as a whole. All us evil capitalist pigs. Of course, no one calls Michael Moore that cause he says the right things, but he's still making bank just like every other capitalist pig.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

"All those red states, imo, don't like people in Hollywood telling them how crappy their country is, which is exactly how people interpret that."

People interpret it that way because they are stupid and lazy. They have this ideology that whoever questions the government are enemies of the country, and then they don't even take the time to learn exactly what the hell is really going on. They listen to sound bytes. They don't take the time to learn, no that would take effort and unbias.

And what did G.W. DO?! WTF did he DO to deserve 4 more bloody years?

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    Here's why:

- moral values
    - stop the gays from marrying!
    - we like our guns

Simple as that. Sickening.

In other words: 'Fear' got Bush four more years.

Actually, I'd say "Stupidity" got Bush 4 more years.

Actually, I'd say a Democratic campaign waged on nothing but the anger and finger-pointing of the left got Bush four more years.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    Actually I wanted Bush to win because I don't want socialized health care, I don't want a president that's going to kowtow to the U.N., and I'm hoping the republicans can set in motion the privatization of social security and medicare.
    So you like expensive health care? And the fact that Bush is barring totally safe drugs from Canada? And what do you mean you don't want a president that's going to kowtow to the UN? You really think the US should just be able to go out and do whatever they want to any country? Wow.

Let me remind you that the US, even though Bush seems to think differently, is not the only country on this planet, nor is it the most important. We can't just run off to another country and start dominating it because of some excuses we pulled out of our hat. I think it's a good thing for the president to have to "kowtow" to the UN, even though that word is really overkill in this case... kowtow implies a servile relationship to another. The UN doesn't have to approve everything we do, but it sure would've been nice to have a president who doesn't mind talking to the UN and other countries to settle global matters, rather than charging headfirst with total disregard.

That's fine though, if those who voted for Bush wanted a president who has no regard for other nations, other RESIDENTS of this planet, then that's what they got... Merry Xmas to them. They got an early Xmas present.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast