• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: *** If you have demos on Garritan.com ***

Share/Bookmark

Arrow *** If you have demos on Garritan.com ***

I've spoken with Gary and we both feel confident that anyone who sent him demos to post on the Garritan.com site would be okay with it being used on the Internet radio station. However, I'm a very vocal advocate of protecting intellectual property rights and even though I'm sure most of you wouldn't mind, I won't include any material on the radio station without your explicit permission. Even though it might delay the launch of the station, it's a gesture of respect that I feel each of you deserve.

So, if you have demos on Gary's site, please email me (or just reply to this post) and let me know that I can include them in the station programming. I can get the mp3 files, your bio and the song info from the site, but please feel free to include anything else you'd like for our announcers to know when they introduce your work. The whole idea is to promote your creativity!

You can either pm me or email me with the permission and info. Here's the temporary info page about the station while the site is being redesigned:
    http://www.ShowProgramming.com/GpoTmp.asp

The sooner we get enough music in, the sooner we can go live. Every one of the demos I've heard have been wonderful, and we'd really like to share them with the masses (washed and otherwise), so please take a moment and drop me a line!

Thanks, folks!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: *** If you have demos on Garritan.com ***

CD,

Can I just post my 'permission granted' here? It's easier for me than leaving the site to email or clutter up my PM box.

Anyway - I have "Widow of War" and "November" on the site - it is ok for you to use both/either/neither at your choosing.

Thanks.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    CD,

Can I just post my 'permission granted' here? It's easier for me than leaving the site to email or clutter up my PM box.

Anyway - I have "Widow of War" and "November" on the site - it is ok for you to use both/either/neither at your choosing.

Thanks.
    Hey, Alan.

Yes, posting here is fine. Thanks so much for allowing us to include your work!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I've got one called Desert Waltz over there that you're free to broadcast...

Christopher, you have mail.

You are more than welcome to air "Thorvald's Saga". It is 7:25, though, so you may want to make it a two-parter...

Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I ask all of you who have posted music on this forum or on the GPO demo page to have your permission to broadcast your music. Christopher is right about erring on the side of caution. Please send any bio information as well. Who knows, you may just be discovered on the Internet radio station.

Gary Garritan

Hi Gary - I haven't exactly posted it to this forum, but I did make an offsite link available.

Sure, if you like it, play away.

SteveMitchell

Thanks, everyone. Keep those cards and letters coming!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

You have permission to use any of my demos.

Jim Ortner

Go Back to forum