• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help with black grand memory

Share/Bookmark

Help with black grand memory

Oh guys, this hurts. I couldn't get black grand to load on my computer cause I thought I didn't have enough memory (One Gig) My computer was maxed out at one gig so I went out and bought the most powerful computer I could find. A sony Vaio 3.4 meg pentium 4, 925 chipset, 800 front bus, 2 gig of ram, and guess what? I load my black grand close perspective patch and get the same message "unknown system error". Is there something I'm missing. Help!!!
    ps
    Besides the black grand, the extra memory made a monumental difference in giga 3 performance. I would say it tripled. I loaded about 80 different sizable instruments into memory and got up to 25%. I loaded 5 instances of giga pulse at the same time and my cpu meter went up to about 40%. Memory makes all the difference.

Re: Help with black grand memory

Is it just with this patch? How about the other black grand instruments, and other big gigs?

Worra, in my opinion you should calculate MD5 checksums of your products and post them on your website so your users can confirm without question that they do or don't have corrupted versions. All my sampletekk things have come on DVD-r's, and in my experience these are not always perfectly reliable media.

Also, at least in the past Giga products did not handle corrupted data well (ie they didn't check it and fail gracefully if it was not sane) which is a bit crazy for a kernel level program.

I probably tried most of the patches in the black grand. I'm sure it's a possibility the disks are corrupt. Before I got my new computer sampletekk suggested I convert the 24 bit samples into 16 so I could get them to load on the limited (one gig) memory. The conversion didn't work at all. I would play a note and sometimes hear a thud or at a different velocity a different note would sound. Oh well, I'm still glad I got the new computer.
    thanks

Hi.

Let's fix this problem!
    Obviously you no longer have a memory problem, so 16 bit wont help!

1. What version of GS3 are you running?
    2. Does all files on the DVD copy alright to your harddisk, (if so, I doubt that there are any corrupted files)
    3. Is it only the Close Perspective that causes you problems?
    4. What .gsi file are you trying to load, or doesn't it matter?
    5. Can you open, say, "Black Grand Close.gig" in the instrument editor?

Please download this gis file. place it where the other .BG Close gsi files are and try open this. Same error?

BG Close 1.gsi
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks Worra,
    1. I am using gigastudio with the 3.2 update.
    2. I have tried loading just about every individual patch with the same unknown system error.
    3. I tried the test program you offered. I saved it to desktop than opened it. It started loading the piano than stopped with the same error message.
    4. When i tried to open the close perspective gig file in the editor I got a message saying it was a pool extension and could not be opened, some files may be missing. when i tried to exit out of that message, i got another saying some bad files were fixed but you must save the changes to hard disk to open it. (I'm paraphrasing.) After this once I tried saying no and the editor opened afterwards. another time I said yes to save changes and gave the file a new name. It took a long time saving or whatever it was doing but when it was done I couldn't find the new file.
    5. When I try to load individual piano instrument files into the editor I get the same ".. some samples may be missing"
    Thanks much for any help
    John

Worra
    I don't remember having any problems when I loaded the files from the dvds. I dragged each folder onto my hard drive. I then dragged each part two folder into their respective part one folders.
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by antirocket scientist
    Thanks Worra,
    1. I am using gigastudio with the 3.2 update.
    2. I have tried loading just about every individual patch with the same unknown system error.
    3. I tried the test program you offered. I saved it to desktop than opened it. It started loading the piano than stopped with the same error message.
    4. When i tried to open the close perspective gig file in the editor I got a message saying it was a pool extension and could not be opened, some files may be missing. when i tried to exit out of that message, i got another saying some bad files were fixed but you must save the changes to hard disk to open it. (I'm paraphrasing.) After this once I tried saying no and the editor opened afterwards. another time I said yes to save changes and gave the file a new name. It took a long time saving or whatever it was doing but when it was done I couldn't find the new file.
    5. When I try to load individual piano instrument files into the editor I get the same ".. some samples may be missing"
    Thanks much for any help
    John

Ok, please make sure that you have the latest GS3 update. Should be called: 3.02.1584.

Now, let's see if you got the right amount of files:
    In the same folder, on your harddisk, you should have (I'm only describing the Close perspective. Let's start there!)

Black Grand Close.gig (Size 2 091 413 710 byte)
    Black Grand Close.gx01 (Size 2 138 957 760 byte)
    Black Grand Close.gx02 (Size 2 139 078 960 byte)
    Black Grand Close.gx03 (Size 244 225 168 byte)

We begin with this and work ourself forward, ok?
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Hello,
    the close perspective gig size is 2091413kb. The medium perspective gig size is 2138672 kb. The ambient perspective gig is 54802 kb. In the list it doesnt give size information of the individual patches, just the top gig size.
    The version of giga I have is 3.02.1584.

Hello again,
    In the last post I listed the size numbers that were stated inside gigastudio. these are the numbers listed in the harddrive . . . Close -2,042,397, Close 1-4kb, close 2- 4kb, Close 3- 5kb, close 4 - 5 kb, Close 5 -6kb, close 6 - 6kb, close 7 - 8kb, close 8 - 8kb.
    Medium ambience 2,088,548, and the ambient is 53,519. Thanks

Could you please check the size of the files I've listed by rightclicking on them and choose the option last on the list, (I've got a Swedish version of XP, so I don't know what it says in a english one, should be the one under "Change Name")
    Then you will get another window where it says "Size" and "Size on Disk". Could you please list the "Size" value that's within the paranteses for the following files:

Black Grand Close.gig
    Black Grand Close.gx01
    Black Grand Close.gx02
    Black Grand Close.gx03

Could you then insert the DVD's in your reader and do the same for the same files on the DVD's
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum