• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bruce, Vegas and midi

Share/Bookmark

Bruce, Vegas and midi

Bruce,

you mention you run Vegas for audio...and I assume you\'re doing midi in Sonar.

How are you recording your midi parts into audio to get them into Vegas?

Thanks for any info. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Excellent articles on RaXXess and Auralex!! And finally a picture of your studio. Nice!!!

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Bruce, Vegas and midi

Originally posted by Marty:
    Bruce,

you mention you run Vegas for audio...and I assume you\'re doing midi in Sonar.

How are you recording your midi parts into audio to get them into Vegas?

Thanks for any info. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Excellent articles on RaXXess and Auralex!! And finally a picture of your studio. Nice!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Marty,

Thanks for the nice words about the article and the studio re-do. I\'m very happy with it, and the new \"look\" blends into the rest of the house much better than the old.

I usually have SONAR and Vegas up on the same computer (the one whose screen is right above the keyboard between the monitors), and all of the computers in that room (plus two more in another room) are networked. I just use Giga\'s render to disk option, and pull the files directly into Vegas right across the network. I\'m always surprised at how many tracks will stream across the network--in fact, sometimes the audio will start gapping, and I\'ll totally forget I haven\'t actually copied any files and I\'m trying to stream 15-20 tracks across the network in realtime!! At that point, I\'ll just designate a folder on the DAW machine and pull tracks over from the Giga machine(s). Vegas will tell me it can\'t \"find\" the audio, and will offer to automatically find it, so even this is a pretty seamless step.

Lately Cakewalk has been making a lot of progress in making SONAR\'s audio routing as flexible as that in Vegas, so who knows if I\'ll continue working this way. I\'m really comfortable in Vegas, so I\'m sure I\'ll continue to use both apps to a degree.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Go Back to forum