• Register
  • Help

Topic: tuning within giga

Share/Bookmark

tuning within giga

hi,

i am using giga 2.5 with sonar 3. i am using a giga patch that is a bit flat. i can raise the pitch within giga, but when the sequence stops the pitch resets to zero. how do i make the pitch adjustment within giga permanent?

thanks,
    ben

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: tuning within giga

Quote Originally Posted by soxfanben
    hi,

i am using giga 2.5 with sonar 3. i am using a giga patch that is a bit flat. i can raise the pitch within giga, but when the sequence stops the pitch resets to zero. how do i make the pitch adjustment within giga permanent?

thanks,
    ben
    You'd need to do it in the editor. A bit labor intensive, but unfortunately, as long as you have the reset controllers option on in SONAR, you're going to get a reset every time you stop the sequencer. But to run without it is very impractical. I wish I had a better answer. It's frustrating in the extreme, I know. I wish there were a way to exclude the tuning from MIDI input. I would just use the set and forget method, if this were possible.

Re: tuning within giga

Bruce is right - the midi reset on stop message resets your fine tune to center when you stop the sequencer.

One kludgy way around this would be to make the tuning change from your sequencer. Assign a controller to fine tune and draw or record it into the beginning of a track in the sequencer. That way when you hit stop, if the sequencer is set to 'chase controllers' it will see that the fine tuning should be offset. Like I said - kludgy, but it should work.

Go Back to forum