• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GS3 and rme cards...

Share/Bookmark

GS3 and rme cards...

hi

I read about problems on this forum e.g. not fully GSIF2 driver compatible.

Is anyone using GS3 and rme successfully ?

I'm not going to invest in GS3 if it won't work on my dual DAW (both PCs run rme cards).

cheers

swayzak

Re: GS3 and rme cards...

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak
    hi

I read about problems on this forum e.g. not fully GSIF2 driver compatible.

Is anyone using GS3 and rme successfully ?

I'm not going to invest in GS3 if it won't work on my dual DAW (both PCs run rme cards).

cheers

swayzak
    there were some problems with some user.
    i did install about 25 times gs3 with all kind of hdsp cards with no problems so far.
    Digital AudionetworX

thanks

But there is/was an established issue where GS3 removed / overwrote rme midi registry entries, leaving users without the rme midi.

This was apparently being sorted out between rme and Tascam.

My GS3 will arrive tomorrow - can anyone give me instructions as to how to avoid this problem ?

thanks

swayzak

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak
    thanks

But there is/was an established issue where GS3 removed / overwrote rme midi registry entries, leaving users without the rme midi.

This was apparently being sorted out between rme and Tascam.

My GS3 will arrive tomorrow - can anyone give me instructions as to how to avoid this problem ?

thanks

swayzak
    Aye,

Yes, Giga3 will probably overwrite the RME drivers for midi, so you need to do the following (I've cut and paste this from another topic....)

1. Uninstall GigaStudio3 if you have it installed.
    2. Make sure your RME midi is working (may have to reinstall the driver).
    3. regedit to change the name of the value \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Drivers32\midi
    to ...\midi1 (this should have the value hdspmme.dll).
    4. Now install GS3.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmcwilliams
    Aye,

Yes, Giga3 will probably overwrite the RME drivers for midi, so you need to do the following (I've cut and paste this from another topic....)

1. Uninstall GigaStudio3 if you have it installed.
    2. Make sure your RME midi is working (may have to reinstall the driver).
    3. regedit to change the name of the value \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Drivers32\midi
    to ...\midi1 (this should have the value hdspmme.dll).
    4. Now install GS3.

Hope that helps
    thanks alot

So if I haven't installed GS3 yet then steps 2 to 4 should do the trick ?

Incidently, I'm sure Mathias Carstens (RME) said that Tascam were aware of the issue and a fix was coming in 3.02.....can't see anything about the fix in the 3.02 Readme pdf.

swayzak

I confirm the midi bug with a 96/52. (without the 3.02 patch, I’ll try it later...)

I confirm that the regedit tweak works : thanks to that forum.

The only thing is : I had to delete a Midi1 already there to rename the Midi - hdspmme.dll
    I hope it wasn’t critical...
    It was named « mlreplnt.drv »
    Anyone knows ? Midi over Lan ? Other application ?

Before I found this post, I installed RME Digiface on a new computer and then installed GS3 (3.01) for the first time. I had the same problem as others -- two HDSP Midi In (GSIF-low latency) ports were shown but when selected in GS3 did not work. I then updated to GS 3.03 trusting this would fix this problem. It did not work. I then reinstalled the RME 2.82 drivers and two additional ports were created HDSP Midi In (1), this time without the "GSIF-low latency". Now all midi buttons on GS3 were not longer green.

Next I found this post. But I didn't uninstall GS3, I just regedit as follows:

midi gmidi.dll
    midi1 hdspmme.dll

Now the HDSP Midi In ports work fine, but the HDSP Midi In (GSIF-low latency) ports do not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Don

First time I installed (and only time) GS3 was up and running without doing anything and RME was recognized. Maybe becuase it is a dedicated machine to Giga?

My computer is dedicated to GigaStudio 3.0x only and the RME HDSP Digiface drivers 2.82(a).

Intel Pentium® 4 Northwood 3.2E GHz Processor with 800MHz FSB, 2 GB Dual-Channel PC3200 DDR Memory (4x512), ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, Segate 80GB System HD, WD 74 GB HDD Raptor SATA 10K rpm with 8MB Buffer for Audio Data HD, Matrox G550 Dual Head 32MB, DVD Plextor PX-712A, Antec SLK-3700-BQE(#AN13) with 350W Power Supply, Zalman CNPS7000 ALCU Ultra Quiet CPU Heatsink, Windows XP PRO, RME Hammerfall HDSP Digiface, RME HDSP PCI interface card, and disable Hyper Threading.

Also in GS3 configure area the audio outs appears as "analog" under type instead of "digital". All the outputs in RME Digiface are of course digital. So I would guess that Tascam and RME still have to sort this out together.

Go Back to forum