• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Quicksearch not working at all (Mac)

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Kontakt Quicksearch not working at all (Mac)

I recently acquired a big sample library.

I tried to do a Qucksearch Volume scan, answered yes to "Do you really want to rebuild your quicksearch database" and got the message:

Could not create Quicksearch database file.

This is VERY annoying, the library is over 20 gig and I can't possibly do it all manually or let auto-find work: it would take literally weeks.

The library is on my main (75G) HD. There is plenty of free space. I have repaired my permissions and checked the HD. No difference.

For some reason Kontakt cannot seem to even CREATE a quicksearch db. (There is none in the Kontakt folder).

Suggestions much appreciated!

Kontakt 1.5.3, Mac G4 running OS X.3.5

(Prof.) Alan Belkin

Re: Kontakt Quicksearch not working at all (Mac)

Alan, after you click the scan quickbase tab, did u get the directory window that allows u to choose the drives that u want to scan? maybe try just highlighting your C drive 1st to make sure its working right..Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    Alan, after you click the scan quickbase tab, did u get the directory window that allows u to choose the drives that u want to scan? maybe try just highlighting your C drive 1st to make sure its working right..Rich
    Yes it does get that far. And I did highlight the drive (not C, it's a mac). It's the next step where it says that it can't create the Quicksearch d.b., and it never starts to scan at all.

Alan, first, let me thank you for the wonderful volumes on orchestration you are giving away on your site. Very welcomed and needed!

Anyway, check for one thing. These directions are for PC, but maybe you can translate them into your Mac's setup.

Check in the Native Instruments program folder on PC located at:

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt

In there should be a file for the Quicksearch Database. If not, something has gone wrong.

Yea, it sounds like perhaps something has gone wrong in the instal or update?? I`d strip everything out and start again.. Let us know how it goes.. Rich

Smile Re: Kontakt Quicksearch not working at all (Mac)

Yea, it sounds like perhaps something has gone wrong in the instal or update?? I`d strip everything out and start again.. Let us know how it goes.. Rich
    It worked!

THANKS!

Alan

Coooooll.....

Coooooll.....
    Can anyone tell me how to reinstall Kontakt? All I have are update disks.
    I am now having the same problems with Quicksearch. It just stopped working.

MAC OSX 3.5

Thanks!

I`d unistall the whole thing 1st. Then re-install from your disk and then use the updated 1.53 version..Rich

Go Back to forum