• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO + Cubase VST 5 + KORG M1

Share/Bookmark

GPO + Cubase VST 5 + KORG M1

1) does GPO work with Cubase VST 5.1R1? (someone told me that its VST engine is not of the most up-to-date version and therefore doesn't support GPO - true?)

2) can a KORG M-1 keyboard be used (it doesn't have a wheel, but some sort of joy stick), and/or how?

3) I've noticed that when attempting to order the discounted version via the website at $149, the introductory discount can never be selected - so how DOES one order it at that price?

4) I have two homes and computers (in different countries) - can I install GPO on both? How?

Thanks

Re: GPO + Cubase VST 5 + KORG M1

Quote Originally Posted by mike m
    1) does GPO work with Cubase VST 5.1R1? (someone told me that its VST engine is not of the most up-to-date version and therefore doesn't support GPO - true?)

2) can a KORG M-1 keyboard be used (it doesn't have a wheel, but some sort of joy stick), and/or how?

3) I've noticed that when attempting to order the discounted version via the website at $149, the introductory discount can never be selected - so how DOES one order it at that price?

4) I have two homes and computers (in different countries) - can I install GPO on both? How?

Thanks
    1) Don't know Cubase, can't comment too much, but GPO comes bundled with a simple version of Cubase that does work.
    2) Yes, you can use the Korg M-1 dinosaur as your MIDI controller. You'll need to run a MIDI cable out from the synth into your MIDI-equipped sound card, or other MIDI interface. The joystick should allow you to add modulation effects on the synth (I think you move it side-to-side on that model), so you can use it to control/transmit modulation events to be recorded in Cubase.
    3) Select the $279 price, and then there is a drop-down menu further down that allows you to select a $30 Introductory discount, bringing the price to $249. Not $149...
    4) The Kontakt player EULA allows use on 2 computers.

Jim

Go Back to forum