• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS to VST

Share/Bookmark

GS to VST

Hi friends!
    I am trying to convert GS performances to Cubase VST32 audiofiles for mixdown.
    I have followed the instructions in the manual but GS still says \'waiting for sequencer\' after I have started the sequence.
    I have also tried with the sequencer button off but how am I going to get 30 tracks in sync?
    Can someone give me the fastest and best way to get the parts into Cubase.
    Thanks again
    Christer Ohlin

Re: GS to VST

Christer, I found this stuff which might apply:

From Joe Bibbo (Giga designer):

\"You can set up the record for a \'manual\' or \'synchronized\' start/stop. Peter was referring to the \'manual\' mechanism.
    This method does not care which sequencer you are using, the process of recording begins when you hit the record button, and stops when you hit the stop button. You can record for as long as or as little as you want.

The \'synchronized\' method is waiting for a MIDI Start event to begin recording, and will continue you get a MIDI Stop event. This requires that you setup your sequencer to send these events, and you need to make sure that your sequencer
    is not sending a MIDI Stop event until you are ready to stop recording. You will have to play with your sequencer to figure out when it is sending these MIDI events.\"

From Kevin Phelan (Nemesys Tech Support)

\"In order to capture with the sync to MIDI option you will need to configure Cubase to send MIDI system realtime messages, namely Start, Continue, and Stop commands. Please follow these steps:

In Cubase:
    Go to options>synchronization
    Under Sync Source:
    choose \"MIDI TimeCode\" for TimeCode base
    choose \"NemeSys MIDI port x\" for output
    choose \"MIDI clock\" for tempo base

Under Sync out:
    choose \"Nemesys MIDI port x\" for both MIDI Timecode and MIDI clock

click OK

In GigaStudio:
    Capture your MIDI file
    Then import to Cubase.

The audio import in Cubase will import the file to wherever you place the cursor. If your MIDI tracks have a pre-roll, then capture to wave will record the preroll as silence.

Kevin
    Nemesys Tech Support\"

Your biggest obstacle may be that Cubase (I don\'t know about SX) only sends song start from bar 1. Logic sends song start when you start the sequencer, even if it\'s in the middle of the song...

Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Christer, I found this stuff which might apply:

From Joe Bibbo (Giga designer):

\"You can set up the record for a \'manual\' or \'synchronized\' start/stop. Peter was referring to the \'manual\' mechanism.
    This method does not care which sequencer you are using, the process of recording begins when you hit the record button, and stops when you hit the stop button. You can record for as long as or as little as you want.

The \'synchronized\' method is waiting for a MIDI Start event to begin recording, and will continue you get a MIDI Stop event. This requires that you setup your sequencer to send these events, and you need to make sure that your sequencer
    is not sending a MIDI Stop event until you are ready to stop recording. You will have to play with your sequencer to figure out when it is sending these MIDI events.\"

From Kevin Phelan (Nemesys Tech Support)

\"In order to capture with the sync to MIDI option you will need to configure Cubase to send MIDI system realtime messages, namely Start, Continue, and Stop commands. Please follow these steps:

In Cubase:
    Go to options>synchronization
    Under Sync Source:
    choose \"MIDI TimeCode\" for TimeCode base
    choose \"NemeSys MIDI port x\" for output
    choose \"MIDI clock\" for tempo base

Under Sync out:
    choose \"Nemesys MIDI port x\" for both MIDI Timecode and MIDI clock

click OK

In GigaStudio:
    Capture your MIDI file
    Then import to Cubase.

The audio import in Cubase will import the file to wherever you place the cursor. If your MIDI tracks have a pre-roll, then capture to wave will record the preroll as silence.

Kevin
    Nemesys Tech Support\"

Your biggest obstacle may be that Cubase (I don\'t know about SX) only sends song start from bar 1. Logic sends song start when you start the sequencer, even if it\'s in the middle of the song...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Thank you friend!!!!!!!!!!

Christer.

Conversion works fine most of the time but some of the audiofiles end up exactly two beats(Quarternotes) too late.
    Why this happens is still a mystery to me.
    I dont\'t understand why this could not be explained in the handbook/helptopics by Nemesys.

Once again: without you guys I\'d be on Prozac.

Thank you! C.

Go Back to forum