• Register
  • Help

Topic: Made my choice

Share/Bookmark

Made my choice

Well, after a few weeks of reading, reading and more reading, being left in an utter state of confusion, shock at the quality and talent of you fine artists, and excitement, I have decided to go with GPO.

Just looking at the community in general, an excellent website, with plenty of information, and what sounds like a great library made my mind up.

I really only have one question left, I think. Does GPO use a Dongle as well as the authorization process through NI? and If so, is there a replacement policy if it gets lost. I've just had bad experience in this area, and would insure it, if this was the case.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
    ooops.

Re: Made my choice

Quote Originally Posted by prot
    I really only have one question left, I think. Does GPO use a Dongle as well as the authorization process through NI? and If so, is there a replacement policy if it gets lost. I've just had bad experience in this area, and would insure it, if this was the case.
    NI uses a serial number and online authorization, no dongle. They used the WIBU-Key dongle briefly, for Reaktor 3, but not on any recent products. You get two active authorizations for GPO and it's pretty easy to manage your authorizations online if you need to deactivate one machine ID and re-authorize (for instance if you install a new hard drive or buy a new computer). I have also found NI's email tech support to be pretty quick and responsive with authorization issues when I was on the road and couldn't get the gig computer connected to the internet. New installations give you a 30-day grace period before you need to authorize.

Re: Made my choice

Thanks mate.
    ooops.

Go Back to forum