• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: CA's Electronic votes are void too?

Share/Bookmark

Talking CA's Electronic votes are void too?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Attention Tin Foil Hat Brigade:

Since electronic touch screen ballots are void, does that mean California's 55 electoral votes (the biggest prize of all) are void?

Here's a snap of my electronic touchscreen voting sticker I received after voting, now on my fridge:

Re: CA's Electronic votes are void too?

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    Attention Tin Foil Hat Brigade:

Since electronic touch screen ballots are void, does that mean California's 54 electoral votes (the biggest prize of all) are void?

Here's a snap of my electronic touchscreen voting sticker I received after voting, now on my fridge:

1. It would have been far too unrealistic to tamper with the numbers in California. Kerry had too strong of a lead.

2. The California Secretary of State required all computer voting machines to have a paper trail, unlike Ohio and Florida.

Thumbs down Re: CA's Electronic votes are void too?

You don't live in, nor voted in Ca. and don't know what you are talking about.

I received no such paper trail, just this sticker and my ballot pamphlet, and neither did anyone else in the 100+ line or anybody else who voted here.

California does not use Electronic Voting yet! Or so I was told...is this not correct?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Some CA counties already bought electronic voting machines. No NEW systems can be purchased in CA without a paper trail.

I'm bummed that WA didn't elect Laura Ruderman as Secretary of State. I've heard her speak twice in person and was more than a little impressed. She had planned to make it a requirement that WA only buy paper trail machines. She also would have made it illegal to purchase from any company that continues to sell paperless systems in any other state - and if the company sells a paperless system in the future, WA gets a full refund.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by Think_About_It
    You don't live in, nor voted in Ca. and don't know what you are talking about.
    I both live AND vote in California, thank you. I used a punch card.

As for computer voting:

"California Secretary of State Kevin Shelley announced that he is requiring all California polling places, even those that remain equipped with e-voting machines, to make available paper ballots for those who wish to vote on a paper ballot.

He also followed the recommendation of the California Voting Systems Panel to decertify the Diebold Inc. AccuVote-TSx Voting System for use in California elections, representing a decertification of one third of existing e-voting machines in the state, as well as asking the attorney general to pursue criminal and civil actions against Diebold."

"California To Sue Diebold Over False Claims

California Attorney General Bill Lockyer said on Tuesday he would sue electronic voting machine maker Diebold Inc. on charges it defrauded the state with false claims about its products."

As you can see, we had a Secretary of State and Attorney General trying to look out for our interests as voters.

In Ohio and Florida, the people in charge are both heavy Bush supporters, who fought AGAINST using a paper trail. Gee, I wonder why.

I don't personally know anyone (myself included) that voted with a touchscreen...at least not in Burbank, or Woodland Hills...ink dot all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    "California To Sue Diebold Over False Claims

California Attorney General Bill Lockyer said on Tuesday he would sue electronic voting machine maker Diebold Inc. on charges it defrauded the state with false claims about its products.".
    This issue took place on 9/08/04 BEFORE the electoral votes came in for Kerry.

Repeat - California's 54 electoral votes went for KERRY!!

Are you saying THEY are null & void? You're kind of contradicting your point that all electronic voting went for Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Drake
    I don't personally know anyone (myself included) that voted with a touchscreen...at least not in Burbank, or Woodland Hills...ink dot all the way.
    Yet there's MY sticker! Look at it. It says I VOTED TOUCHSCREEN.

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    California does not use Electronic Voting yet! Or so I was told...is this not correct?
    This is not correct. As Rob stated, claiming the Kerry votes where all fraudulent because of the Diebold electronic voting machines. I...er...guess that's what he meant.

BTW. Santa Clara County San Jose was my voting district. Dist 1832 I believe.

I'll take a picture of my ballot and my wifes with HER TOUCHSCREEN sticker too if you all would like.

Here's how it went:

You walk in - they ask for your license or ID and look at your ballot, they then run what looks like an ATM card through what looks like a visa machine card reader - then they give you this card - you then, with card in hand, walk over to the little booth/screen thing - you insert the card into the slot - when finished voting you turn the card back to the liberal militant democrat and she gives you your sticker.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast