• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clicking, how do you get rid of it again?

Share/Bookmark

Question Clicking, how do you get rid of it again?

I'm not using my PC I am on a Mac G5 with this huge monitor screen that looks like someone ripped it off of the Enterprise! I have one audio track which I am following as a guide and four midi tracks with hardly anything recorded maybe a measure or two All "dry" instruments. I haven't given them water yet. Clicking started in the forth midi track using Oboe oh boy! Sorry, I couldn't remember how to fix and it may be different on this Mac I am sure. What a beast! Cute though and I love this panoramic theater type screen!

Spock!
    Yes, Captain?
    There's clickons coming from this computer!
    Captain, don't you mean Klingons?
    Blast your confounded observations Spock, I mean CLICKONS! How do you get rid of them?
    How the heck should I know. I'm a science officer not an engineer!
    Scotty! Scotty!
    Ey Captain, Scotty here!
    Scotty, can, you, get, rid, of, the, Clickons, from, my computer?
    Ey Captain, if I give her anymore she'll blow for sure!
    Styxx

Re: Clicking, how do you get rid of it again?

You put your dry instruments in,
    You put your buffers way up;
    You take your 32 bit off,
    And you shake it all about.
    You do the GP-Okey,

And you turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about!

HA!
    Styxx

Hmmm. There is another way, too. A shotgun shell using a high grain load fired from about 15ft away would definitely stop the clicking. A baseball bat would require more effort but would work just as well.

-Chad
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

[QUOTE=Garritan]Re: Clicking, how do you get rid of it again?

You put your dry instruments in,
    You put your buffers way up;
    >>>You take your 32 bit off,<<<
    And you shake it all about.
    You do the GP-Okey,

And you turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about!

What "your 32 Bit" are you referring to? Maybe I can get rid of some of the noise on my G4 laptop?

And by the way GGarritan thanks for the demo and q&a in SF(at computers&music), and thanks for a really great software library. Everything you said regarding your motivations for putting this out 'struck a chord.'

PGurnee (I was the guy with the stupid-looking baseball cap who wants a sample library of Chinese instruments to go with my GPO. It's amazing how quickly we become spoiled.)

If you look very close, the two sets of penguins are not in sequence.

Never mind the help.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    If you look very close, the two sets of penguins are not in sequence.

Never mind the help.
    That's to insure that there are no penguin coherence issues that might affect the quality of the playback.
    -E

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    What "your 32 Bit" are you referring to? Maybe I can get rid of some of the noise on my G4 laptop?

And by the way GGarritan thanks for the demo and q&a in SF(at computers&music), and thanks for a really great software library. Everything you said regarding your motivations for putting this out 'struck a chord.'

PGurnee (I was the guy with the stupid-looking baseball cap who wants a sample library of Chinese instruments to go with my GPO. It's amazing how quickly we become spoiled.)
    PGurnee,

Welcome to the forum. I remember you - the distinguished looking gentleman who wanted Chinese instruments. How could I forget . I hope you'll have those instruments someday. When I went to Bejing I brought back many Chinese Instruments which I hope to someday sample.

The 32 bit setting is in the options menu under the Load button. It autoconverts everything to 32 bit, thereby doubling the resources needed. Make sure it is turned off.

I enjoyed the get together at Computers and Music. It was great meeting people in real life from the forum. I'm glad what I said struck a chord and hope to hear some of those chords and melodies from you.

Gary Garritan

Easy_Rhino
    - penguin coherence issues? try GPO-Linux

Gary Garritan -

I've just posted this question again because I couldn't remember on which thread I had asked you this, then it occurred to me to "find all of the posts made by this person" under my own member profile. (convert to 32 bit is off)

I want to thank you again for this terrific creation of yours. One hesitates to use such a banal term as 'product.' Despite all of the problems I've had getting a system up to speed, every day I get up and thank the music gods for GPO. You've raised the bar way up on all of our expectations.

If you're really so inclined to do the Chinese instruments, I'll make the effort to put you in touch with some first rate people. One man I met with(at the time he was working as a butler in S.F.)gave me an audition of his erhu playing that shook my boots. I'm not sure this "butler" is still in the U.S., but then what use has America for such talents?

There's also a group in S.F. called Melody of China, led by Wang Hong(who is a superb multi-instrumentalist) which covers most if not all of the traditional instruments, including ancient percussion instruments.

I have a Chinese friend in San Jose who was composer in residence I think for the Beijing Symphony and has had pieces commissioned by San Jose Symphony and San Jose Chamber Orchestra. He may be able to offer other suggestions.

The piece he wrote for the Chamber Orchestra was a concerto for two Chinese harps. Unfortunately, I believe the soloist who played it is in China.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me

Go Back to forum