• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Piano Demo (Malaguena)

Share/Bookmark

GPO Piano Demo (Malaguena)

For many years, this was my leit motif. I offer it here as a demo of the GPO Steinway, to show the dynamic expressive cababilities, and to show that the GPO piano can be made to sound like a human performance. Since making this demo, I have learned a bit more, and if I do it again, would make some slight changes.

the link: vom Wind verweht!

My thanks to Rob Tuley for hosting this for me.

I hope to eventually set up my own site for this sort of thing, but can't seem to make a decision about what capabilities the site would really need.

Richard

I removed the link and the mp3 03 Jan 05. It served it's purposes.
    Last edited by rwayland; 01-06-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: link withdrawn

Re: GPO Piano Demo (Malaguena)

Very nice Dicky! I hope I can play as well as you when I'm your age!

Frank

Wow, this certainly does show off the GPO piano! Great work! In fact, if you added some coughs and perhaps a performer's breath here and there, it would sound just like an actual concert perfomance!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Very nice Dicky! I hope I can play as well as you when I'm your age!

Frank
    Well, shucks, I"m only 73. Still in the learning stage.

Richard

The last time I heard that piece was listening to a Harmonicats record.
    Great Richard !!!
    DPDan

This sounds great. Excellent performance!

My thanks to Rob Tuley for hosting this for me.

Hi Richard:

First of all, keep playing because your demo of the Steinway was great!

Rob Tuley? WOW, I met him on the Sibelius site last year. We exchanged files on a "pedal problem" I was having (pedal not sustaining when it should have) and he was such a nice, gentlemanly fellow.

Please remember me to him if you contact him in the near future. He might remember me if you say, "the guy with the Sibelius pedal problem."

By the way, which sequencer/notation program did you use for you piano demo? And again, keep playing, practicing and performing and then SEND it along to us.

Regards,

John

WOW! This was wonderful! The Steinway is great, but you made it better!!!

Thanks for sharing this!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Very nicely done. I'm very impressed. Sounds very much like the work is being performed in a medium-sized recital hall. Early reflections @ the left and right corners, with an overall nice diffusion enveloping the entire soundfield as reflections from the back(?).

Do you mind divulging the sound setup that you use? soundcard, audio editor etc?

SteveMitchell

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell
    Very nicely done. I'm very impressed. Sounds very much like the work is being performed in a medium-sized recital hall. Early reflections @ the left and right corners, with an overall nice diffusion enveloping the entire soundfield as reflections from the back(?).

Do you mind divulging the sound setup that you use? soundcard, audio editor etc?

SteveMitchell
    Well, I am very pleased with the response to my demo.

Sound setup is quite simple. Sonar 2.2, Audigy 2 ZS sound card, GPO Studio, forgot which ambience, but one of the presets, probably recital hall 2. No audio editor. Used capture to audio feature of GPO Studio. HP pavillion computer, 1 Gig RAM, 1.8 Gig Hz clock. Probably some value to be attached to my 60 + years of piano playing. Input device, Fatar Studio 90 controller (88 note).

I have written a Malaguena of my own, which demonstrates even more the dynamic sweep of the GPO Steinway. I have used the alternate title of the form, Murcian, to avoid a direct confrontation with Mr. Lecouna! There is an mp3 of it on my Sibelius site. Someday, I keep saying, I will get my own site. Then I could show off my organ piece which alternates between Murcian and Paso Doble.

Richard

Go Back to forum