• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My very first GPO composition, called 'Longing'!

Share/Bookmark

My very first GPO composition, called 'Longing'!

This piece is the very first thing I ever did with GPO. As soon as I received GPO (along with Sonar 4 PE) I started working on this piece. So this really is my very first attempt at anything with GPO. Heck, it's even my very first orchestral piece! Until now I've lived on the (alternative) rock-side of the musical universe. So... I'd really like to hear what you all think of it!

Since I don't know if Soundclick accepts direct links, I'll give you the link to my new Soundclick-site, where you can listen to my piece as a stream (hi or low) or download it as an mp3. Unfortunately Soundclick (free) doesn't accept bitrates higher than 128, so...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/jeroenvanemusic.htm

Hope to hear from you all real soon!

Re: My very first GPO composition, called 'Longing'!

hallo jeroen
    welcome to the forum, it's a great place.
    for a first orchestral piece it sounds very accomplished. i liked it it sounded very "sfeervol". it'd make great theme music.

slán

mick ó c

It sure beats my first piece! Quite a nice piece, I like how it built up in orchestration in the beginning. I also like the flute's melody, nice woodwind dynamics!

When the brass comes in, it's a bit strong, perhaps it would sound better if the brass came in a little more quietly, but that's just my opinion.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Really good. Great use of soft dynamics. It has a folk song quality to it. Can't wait to hear your next piece!

Great job Jeroen, I agree with Sean about the horns coming in too loud though.

What a lovely theme - we're all longing for more (sorry, couldn't resist the pun )

gr,
    Jim.
    Jim Offerman
    www.jimofferman.nl

Thanks for all the positive reactions!

About those horns coming in so loud: they are supposed the scare the (beep) out of you! So I'm glad you thought it was too hard! Ever thought about something you really liked or loved (the beginning of the piece) and you start thinking about how beautifull it really is (the flute melody) and then you SUDDENLY think: I WANT IT NOW (yes, the horns!) after which you let yourself go in wishfull thinking (part 1 again but then flat out)? I didn't call it Longing for nothing!

Nice thing about Soundclick is that you get free statistics. The songs has been downloaded 19 times and streamed 89 times. Nice.
    Hm, now why did I only get 6 reactions here...?

You will always get many more downloads and listens than you will replies!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

OK, this is getting to become a nuisance! Every link I click on either comes up error or nothing plays. I'll try later in my studio.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: My very first GPO composition, called 'Longing'!

Jeroen,

Welcome to the forum. You sure know how to make a nice introduction.

For your forst GPO peice this is fantastic. You have a good feel for the strings. Looking forward to hearing more of your work. Only six replies out of over 100 listens - maybe people are speechless.

Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

mic - what is "sfeervol"?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast