• Register
  • Help

Topic: sage converter

Share/Bookmark

sage converter

I have stylus rmx running nicely and it is just so much fun to use it,so many thanks for a great product.I have not been as lucky with sage converter though.I have run the update patch for rmx but how do you update sage converter?I,ve read the instructions to get the latest updates for rmx+sage but i could not find any patch for sage is it included in the rmx patch?If it is then how will i know if i have the latest patch for sage,cause as far as i can tell the sage converter does not installs automatically with rmx.So here is my results with sage converter.I copied the sage converter folder for win(i,m on pc)to my hd and run the utility from there.It opens and i choose backbeat akai version it asks for the discA i insert the disc and i can see the progress bar moving as it converts the cymbals menus and sidestick menus but it stops there without converting the actual grooves.then it asks for discB i put disc b in and it does not seem to be doing anything with it. After a while it asks for discC,i insert the disc and after a short period of time sage reports done.I could clearly saw that it did not convert the grooves but it seems to convert those cymbals+sidestick menus,so i go to my sage folder to see if they are there,but i cant find them anywhere.Then i tried to convert some rex2 files. This time i can clearly see it converting the files nicely and i enter the name of the suite and everything seem to be working ok,but when i go to look for the new files under SAGE/user librarys/converted rex files there is nothing in there.Where did they go?I cant find them in there.Are all my problems related not having the latest patch for sage or is there something else that i have not done right?Does it matters from where you run sage converter?I have tried to run it from program files/spectrasonics and from sage folder and from the same hd that has sage(i have sage folder in different hd than program files)I have watch the movie about sage converter is there still some issues that i am missing?Many thanks in advance Markku Kanerva.

Re: sage converter

You can run SAGE Converter from any directory. Which version are you running?

I imported Backbeat Akai into RMX today and it worked flawlessly.

/Tobias

markku,
    the update on the convertor isn't here yet. It has been suggested that you wait til it arrives (shortly) to do your conversions.
    also... the converted files do not go into the 'sagelibs>userlibs>converted rex files' but rather in 'sage libs> EXP libs'. What's more important, which you don't mention, is whether or not they show up in the actual application. :-)
    good luck

cb

Quote Originally Posted by tob
    You can run SAGE Converter from any directory. Which version are you running?

I imported Backbeat Akai into RMX today and it worked flawlessly.

/Tobias
    i,m running version 1.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by christianb
    markku,
    the update on the convertor isn't here yet. It has been suggested that you wait til it arrives (shortly) to do your conversions.
    also... the converted files do not go into the 'sagelibs>userlibs>converted rex files' but rather in 'sage libs> EXP libs'. What's more important, which you don't mention, is whether or not they show up in the actual application. :-)
    good luck

cb
    Maybe i was not clear enough in my post.I do understand that backbeat should show up in"sage libs/EXP libs but i was refering to some of my own REX2 files which i was trying to convert and these should be found in'sagelibs>userlibs>converted rex files.Anyhow neither backbeat or REX2 files are not showing up in the application.Thanks for your input christianb.

Yeah, just wait for the update and everything will work perfect.

/Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by tob
    Yeah, just wait for the update and everything will work perfect.

/Tobias
    Thanks tob, i will wait then.

Go Back to forum