• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Recording Keyswitching on one track?

Share/Bookmark

Question Recording Keyswitching on one track?

I am trying to record key switching using Full Strings KS. I want to switch from full strings to pizzicato but the switching isn't recording to the track? What am I missing here?
    Styxx

Re: Recording Keyswitching on one track?

Keyswitches record as notes but in the lower range. You should see them down lower in a piano roll view. You may need to scroll up to see them. You can also draw them in.

Red face Re: Recording Keyswitching on one track?

I see, but the actually switching isn't happening in the track. In other words, 8 bars with full strings then the next 8 bars of pizzicato but the switching doesn't take place. Something I'm not doing here and missing altogether. Seems to be a simple task then again this is Styxx.
    Styxx

The keyswitch for the Full Strings patches occurs in the -1 octave. What program are you using? Keep in mind that in Cubase this would equal the 1 octave since Cubase is set one octave higher than GPO is programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    The keyswitch for the Full Strings patches occurs in the -1 octave. What program are you using? Keep in mind that in Cubase this would equal the 1 octave since Cubase is set one octave higher than GPO is programmed.
    Hmmm, I'm lost here. Cubase is set 1 octave one octave higher? Boggle boggle boggle. Fooling around with the octaves, you could hurt yourself!
    Anyway, I still can't record the settings. Are you saying to look for it and then do what cause it aint there no matter what octave I look in.
    Thanks guys.
    Styxx

Question Re: Recording Keyswitching on one track?

I'm still not getting a recorded note in any register for the KS. Microscope time! Where is the professor when you need him? Most likely off with Ginger somewhere?
    Styxx

Styxx,

Play down to the bottom "C" of the Full Strings. The octave below that lowest note contains the keyswitches. Just now tried it with Cubase and it worked fine playing or recording.

Tom

Yes, and the KS for pizzicato is F natural, right? Yes? No? I don't have it in front of me I'm at woik. Hmmm, I'll try it again tonight.
    Thanks.
    Styxx

Hi Styx I use two tracks with the keyswitch on a seperate track in Sx. I offset the keyswitch track so that the comman is sent fractionally b4 the actual note is sounded. If your trying to keyswitch simultaneously then it might be this - just a thought, your probably away ahead of the game.

Nope, not feeling much like worrying about it anymore. Gave up after a lengthy go at it last night. I don't quite understand what you mean by recording the KS on a separate track. How does that have an effect on the instrument track?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum