• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mass Civil Disobedience the only way

Share/Bookmark

Mass Civil Disobedience the only way

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    What more can be done. Bush stole the first election, he's lied his way to another win, all the intellectual anayalsis over the last couple of years has come to absolueltly nothing, even with all the information of corruption people still voted for him, so what does it take for someone to actually look bad in the eyes of most Americans? There is no other option but Mass Civil Disobedience.

Re: Mass Civil Disobedience the only way

Can you outline a plan for this? Or can I go to a web site that would? I mean, aside from running yellow lights and letting my parking meter go I don't know other ways.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

outside of going to some uncorroberated wacky websites can someone prove this?

Quote Originally Posted by mike harper
    outside of going to some uncorroberated wacky websites can someone prove this?

Prove what, Mike?

CHARLES: If the majority does in fact support the Bush Administration's policies, the majority will also resent others who rise up against them. Where does that leave us, Charles?

I think more division, more hatred, and the very real possibility of violence- which has never worked- only exacerbates the situation.

I obviously dont have answers here but I have observed what doesnt work. Right here on this website there have been no conversions from what I can see. People "rise up", call each other names, use intelligent analysis, argue detail after detail - people have tried everything to convince the opposing points of view that their own are correct. Neither side has succeeded. This is a fact and a feature of the human mind, regardless of one's beliefs, that needs to be thoroughly understood.

The truth does not in itself seem to have the power to change minds, at least delivered without care, goodwill and ( I hate to use the word, but I will) love.

Jim

prove that bush stole the election. Most people will rule out such theories as
    partisan sore-loser nonsense.

Whether or not he stole the election doesn't matter. He got plenty of "support" in the Hitler-Goebbels sense of the word: the silent South, the rurals, the Christian right, which is bigger numerically than the Black pop (18 %) of the US: these poor suckers were effectively manipulated by KKK Rove (Kerry will turn the country into an atheist homosexual free-for-all.) So, yes, Bush "won": "democracy" is a messy business, as Mr. Wright likes to remind us.

So what now? The election wasn't won on the Iraq issue, although the issue was a factor. Still, unbeknownst to the Christian right, Iraq, and quite possibly the US economy, will be undoing of Bush. Fact 1: Vietnam is not yet a distant memory. Fact 2: the Iraqis, as poor and bombed out as they are now, aren't the Grenadians; there's many more of them, even after the US military killed off 100,000 since the invasion (British Medical Journal estatimates--which are conservative), and the vast majority didn't want the US army killing and murdering after Saddam was toppled.

The US army will get hopelessly bogged down, and after more terrorist attacks and more utterly pointless US deaths, either popular opinion will force the Dummy president to leave Iraq, or the US will find some sort of face-saving exit strategy. (I think Rove and Cheney, who are really calling the shots) are easily smart enough to figure this much out on their own.)

Meanwhile, the US economy will be hobbled: Europe and China will, more and more, start calling the shots. That's when things will get REAL interesting. Will the US empire fade disolve relatively benignly like the British Empire? Or will it rage, rage, against the dying of the light?

JG

In the 60's during Vietnam Mass demonstrations worked. The collusion between Corporations, Media, and Politics is a dangerous combination.Reality is what they make it, just look at Bush he can lie , the same with our Prime Minister John Howard, or Tony Blair, they can lie because they know full well they are following the corporate script. What methods? They rely on your domestication and pacification, Mass demonstrations will give them the clear message they have to be made accountable. One example here in Australia, just above me the East Timorese were given hell for years, and it looked like nothing would change, because most of thef population were asleep, but something did change by the efforts of some people mass consciousness started gathering and Australians started to take to the streets. Australia sent i Troops, and Washington had to change its script, thats one example. People have to become aware that if you dont speak up for the injustice of others than no one will speak up for you, we can instigate change just show them that their script is not working. just my opinion, they relie on your isolation and sense of hopelessness dont let yourselves fall for it

Charles, you are of course exactly right. I just don't know who to talk to or where to go. I've bounced the idea among my personal friends about going to a high profile area like DC and going on hunger strike for voter reform, and everyone has told me this would be crazy. Maybe they're right. I don't know. I do believe I'm both physically and spiritually fit to see something like this through, but how would I know until I actually engage in it?

I at least feel ready to either go to prison or die for this issue.

My other idea is to simply get the hell out of the country, move to Ireland, and work on poetry and music...

... call me clueless. The world is in deep trouble now, patrolled by lunatics with guns, and there may be no solution, the biblical thing being played out.

Peace out,

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Can you outline a plan for this? Or can I go to a web site that would? I mean, aside from running yellow lights and letting my parking meter go I don't know other ways.
    http://www.zmag.org/ZNET.htm

spend sometime looking around there, they are very committed people from around the world, the more you look the more you will find, support them by joining their sustainer program, you will get emails everyday and access to many forums including Noam Chomsky's , i am sure you can make contacts there

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    Charles, you are of course exactly right. I just don't know who to talk to or where to go. I've bounced the idea among my personal friends about going to a high profile area like DC and going on hunger strike for voter reform, and everyone has told me this would be crazy. Maybe they're right. I don't know. I do believe I'm both physically and spiritually fit to see something like this through, but how would I know until I actually engage in it?

I at least feel ready to either go to prison or die for this issue.

My other idea is to simply get the hell out of the country, move to Ireland, and work on poetry and music...

... call me clueless. The world is in deep trouble now, patrolled by lunatics with guns, and there may be no solution, the biblical thing being played out.

Peace out,
    ..." by union, it relieves courageous and resolute individuals of the paralyzing feeling of isolation and loneliness, and in this way gives them moral support in the fulfillment of what they consider to be their duty. The existence of such a moral elite is indispensible for the preparation of a fundamental change in public opninion, a changge which, under present day circumstances , is absolutely necessary if humanity is to survive"
    Albert Einstien

Michael go to the web site above and join the sustainer program it doest cost much , their you will have access to very experienced people who can inform you much better than me, Chomsky's forum is a source of a lot of inspiration, there is no need to damage your health, the world needs you in one piece and in good health just join forces with other committed people and momentum will gather

Go Back to forum