• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone Using Sonar 4 with Echo Indigo Card?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone Using Sonar 4 with Echo Indigo Card?

Purchased the Echo Indigo I/O soundcard this weekend. Tried to install it, but after I installed the drivers and was about to install the software, I received a notice that said, "The software you are installing DOES NOT pass logo testing to verify its compatabillity with Windows XP. Continuing installation may impair or demobilize your system immediately, or in the future."

I discontinued the installation although I was given the opportunity to "continue anyway." I also del-installed the drivers.

I emailed EchoAudio Support, but they won't get to me until Monday (hopefully).

Has anyone experienced this with the Echo Indigo I/O soundcard? It seems to be a great little addition to a laptop that I would like to use with sonar 4.

Jack

Re: Anyone Using Sonar 4 with Echo Indigo Card?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    Purchased the Echo Indigo I/O soundcard this weekend. Tried to install it, but after I installed the drivers and was about to install the software, I received a notice that said, "The software you are installing DOES NOT pass logo testing to verify its compatabillity with Windows XP. Continuing installation may impair or demobilize your system immediately, or in the future."

I discontinued the installation although I was given the opportunity to "continue anyway." I also del-installed the drivers.

I emailed EchoAudio Support, but they won't get to me until Monday (hopefully).

Has anyone experienced this with the Echo Indigo I/O soundcard? It seems to be a great little addition to a laptop that I would like to use with sonar 4.

Jack
    Hi Jack,

You should continue anyway, it shouldn't be a problem. Every soundcard I've ever installed had the same 'warning'. I think it only means the soundcard maker didn't pay microsoft to test and certify their drivers (who can blame them).

...Has anyone experienced this with the Echo Indigo I/O soundcard? It seems to be a great little addition to a laptop that I would like to use with sonar 4.

Jack
    Hi Jack,

I have an Indigo too and did the install despite the warning.

The only problem I had was blue screen crashes (!) but after doing a Windows update (Direct X display stuff) everything was OK.

NDEE

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE
    Hi Jack,

I have an Indigo too and did the install despite the warning.

The only problem I had was blue screen crashes (!) but after doing a Windows update (Direct X display stuff) everything was OK.

NDEE
    Thanks Looper. Good to know you have no problems.

NDEE:

Since I haven't used the card yet, what is a "blue screen crash"? And what is the Windows update "Direct X display stuff" you speak of.

I recently purchased my Toshiba PC (July 26 '04) and had Windows updated by the techs at CompUSA as I was having an Outlook Express (off line only) problem. They did some updates with Windows and Spyware, but I have no idea what you are talking about regarding an update of Windows and (Direct X display stuff). Would appreciate any extra help you could give me in understanding this problem.

Thanks,

Jack

I recently purchased my Toshiba PC (July 26 '04) and had Windows updated by the techs at CompUSA as I was having an Outlook Express (off line only) problem. They did some updates with Windows and Spyware, but I have no idea what you are talking about regarding an update of Windows and (Direct X display stuff). Would appreciate any extra help you could give me in understanding this problem.
    Jack
    A blue screen is when your computer crashes and you get a blue screen with some error message data. It's also called BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)!!!

You might not have to do a Windows update because your computer and Windows version is quite recent, mine was a year and a half old (without ever updating Windows) when I installed the Indigo driver and started having BSODs.

According to a forum member the problem was something about the display being disturbed by the Indigo driver and suggested that I should do a Windows update and get the latest DirectX (whatever that is, I don't really know...). So I did and never got a crash again

How to do a Windows update: If your browser is Internet Explorer go to the TOOLS menu and choose Windows update in the submenu.

You can read the thread I started when I had that problem, alot of info can be found there. Simply do a search with the forum's search function with this phrase:

GPO = Blue Screen Baptism

(That's the title of the thread)

Hope this helps

NDEE

Thanks NDEE. I learned something. But, you are right. I just purchased my current PC (Toshiba) in July, 2004 and hope I don't get crashes that can damage my computer because I would hate to have to register again, and again, and...........also have to have the computer troubleshooted because I know next to nothing about PCs being a Mac guy.

I've talked to some others who use the Indigo and they say it is working OK. Tech Support at EchoAudio writes that it's perfectly all right to install past the error messagel. But, what do they know?.........

John

Getting your product's drivers Microsoft XP Certified is a very expensive prospect, so most hdw mfgs forego the process.

For the most part, it's MS's attempt to rake in more cash. Another caveat is that the MS-supported version of the driver won't have all the fancy doo-dads either.

However, if a manufacturer does go to the expense of getting its driver logo'd, then MS makes itself as much responsible for support-to-resolution as the manufacturer since most logo'd drivers will ship in XP's box.

SteveMitchell

Go Back to forum