• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and the REASON seqeuncer

Question GPO and the REASON seqeuncer

Hi there,

I am considering buying GPO. After gathering information from the site and forum, I still have few question unanswered:
    1. There is plenty of support for GPO to work with various types of sequencers. I use REASON (2.5). Does anyone know if GPO works with it? Any known problems?
    2. Does the sequencer that comes with GPO is considered good and sufficient, and if so, can some one tell me if he works with it?
    3. And last thing, I have a 128Bit SB PCI sound card. Should I expect any problems with it? Do I need ASIO or can do with out it?

Thanks, and I would appreciate any thought or suggestion.

Re: GPO and the REASON seqeuncer

Reason does not host plug-ins, so GPO will not work with it.

All is not lost, however. You can use GPO and Reason together if you run both within a host program that supports VST or DXI plugins and Rewire. You'll run GPO as a plugin, and open Reason as a Rewire instrument.

I don't know if the Cubasis sequencer that comes with GPO supports Rewire. I don't think it does. You may need to do some research to find a program that supports both formats. Sonar will work, as well as Cubase. Probably several others as well.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum