• Register
  • Help

Topic: Are there piano libraries that do this?

Share/Bookmark

Are there piano libraries that do this?

Hi all, this is my first post....

I currently use a couple of piano libraries in Kontakt, and also own 'The Grand'. A few things frustrate me about these, and I was wondering if any of the new libraries address the most annoying problems I have encountered:

1. There is no release noise after a sustained note, only unsustained notes, which sounds unrealistic
    2. The release noise on unsustained notes doesn't change depending on how long you hold the note for e.g if I hold a note until it dies away, I will still hear the release noise that corresponds to the original velocity I hit the key with - so I get a loud release noise even though the note has died.

Perhaps these are issues with Kontakt - would GS3 fix them?

Thanks in advance,
    O

Re: Are there piano libraries that do this?

Hello O,

1. There is no release noise after a sustained note, only unsustained notes, which sounds unrealistic
    This is because of the way Kontakt works. Nothing to do about at the moment.

2. The release noise on unsustained notes doesn't change depending on how long you hold the note for e.g if I hold a note until it dies away, I will still hear the release noise that corresponds to the original velocity I hit the key with - so I get a loud release noise even though the note has died.
    This is just poor programming of the instrument.

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions
    http://www.artvista.net/

Re: Are there piano libraries that do this?

I totally agree with Hans.

About release sounds of unsustained notes, it's a poor programming. I did some programs on kontakt for some sampled piano, by using note on control filter with customized curves applied to volume and lowpass filter of release samples.

See http://jazzphoton.free.fr

I'm still working on it to improve it, and I will soon release a new better version.

GS3 seems not to have such problem, thanks to his new feature : the convolution, that can emulate many things.

Go Back to forum