• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX with Cubase Sx2 - Drag/Drop

Share/Bookmark

RMX with Cubase Sx2 - Drag/Drop

Hi

I am motivated to learn this Stylus RMX and just got done with the Drag and Drop Tutorial and see that Eric knows his tools in using Logic. I wonder if Eric or any other Cubase SX2 user can share some insight on achieving similar functions towards CUbase SX2 thats demonstrated in the Logic Environment found in the Drag and Drop Tutorial.

1) I would like to explain my current method of repeating loops in CUbase SX2.

I can drag and drop a Groove or Slice and it appears on my track. If I want to duplicate that slice or groove I will select that groove and then press ALT and Click and Drag with mouse. This creates a duplicate of the groove, then I will drop it to the next measure/beat and it fits nice and tight. I can then redo this process to create many measures of the same groove or further quantize if necessary. The problem its time consuming compared to how Eric does it in Logic. I like the idea of having multiple loops on the fly without entering in each loop manually. For Example - When looking at Tutorial 08 - Browser Drag and drop at the Quicktime Counter of 04:58 Eric creates duplicates of loops in a Flash without adding each groove seperately. They just appear magically! Its really fast. Is there a method or function in Cubase SX that can do this?

2) Later during this Tutorial 18:01 Eric takes the track "Stylus RMX 2" the Tambourine track and shifts the entire track's loops with a special type drag function so that Tamborine grooves start on Measure 2 and the other loops are bumped a measure very easily. Is there such a feature or command in CUbase SX2 that can bump the track which has seperate slices/grooves without manually moving each one? This would be a great time saver.

Thanks
    Dave

Smile Re: RMX with Cubase Sx2 - Drag/Drop

Hey Dalamein

It's very easy if you make your own keycommands/shortcuts.

1.) Make a shortcut for the command "Fill Loop".
    Then place the right marker where you want the loop to end.
    (So this is all done when you see the video.)
    So now you just select the part and hit the shortcut.
    Voila!

2.) Make a shortcut for the command "Select all on Tracks"
    Now hit the shortcut and Drag.
    Voila!

Good shortcutting
    Bo

Re: RMX with Cubase Sx2 - Drag/Drop

Bo

Thanks this is great! Youre the man!

I appreciate your tip immensly.

Have a great day!

Dave

-

Hi,

I know you already have an answer to your question but another option for duplicating parts in SX is to press ALT and left-click-drag the bottom right corner of the part to as far as you want, and the length should be filled with that part's data.

There are many similar shortcuts (or key modifiers) detailed in the SX PDF manuals (not just in the key commands section).

Cold C

Thanks a lot! That's really fast too! Works great.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cold c
    Hi,

I know you already have an answer to your question but another option for duplicating parts in SX is to press ALT and left-click-drag the bottom right corner of the part to as far as you want, and the length should be filled with that part's data.

There are many similar shortcuts (or key modifiers) detailed in the SX PDF manuals (not just in the key commands section).

Go Back to forum