• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGASTUDIO installation crashing PC...:( HELP ME!!!

Share/Bookmark

GIGASTUDIO installation crashing PC...:( HELP ME!!!

Hey, boys, what should I do in my situation:

I have two (2) desktop PCs (almost identical, 2,8GHz, 1Gb ram, 2xhd, ASUS P4P800 mothetboards...) and one laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 8820). My soundcard is MOTU 828MKII.

The problem is that when I try to install Gigastudio 3 into my desktop computers, the whole PC reboots every times!!!! What could be wrong...I'm really getting desperate about this one!!!

HERE COMES THE INTRESTING PART: It WORKS with my laptop PC!!!!! This is soooo stange!!! But I need a better desktop PC for Gigastudio use!!!))

What would you do in my situation??? I'm really planning getting another computer just for Gigastudio...a working PC...but I'm in a difficult situation...I'm afraid of buying a new PC, because I don't know if the Gigastudio is not working with it again!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks very much, I really need your help!!!

Re: GIGASTUDIO installation crashing PC...:( HELP ME!!!

And I tried to switch off the HyperThreading also...no luck!

So are you saying that you disabled Hyperthreading with no improvement? Or you were unable to disable hyperthreading? Which? Giga wont run with Hyperthreading enabled...WIndows will blue screen on you. Some computer such as my notebook wont let you disable hyperthreading in the Bios, it has to be done via a driver in device manager.

Could it a be a faulty DVD drive on your PC??

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by EarCandy
    Giga wont run with Hyperthreading enabled...
    Strange...I don't recall ever disabling hyperthreading, and GS3 does run.

Well its not only widely known, but its even clearly specified by Tascam that Hyperthreading is NOT supported in G3. And I verified this. If I enable HT on my PC, it means blue screen as soon as I try to start Giga.

Hi Petelms:

I will advise you with what I would do( and I did do), not necesserely the best advise.
    You did not say which OS you are running on your PCs. I'll assume that you have Windows XP. Since you have two PCs, can you dedicate one of them to ONLY GS3?
    If you can, I would clean up that PC by getting rid off all unnecessary programs, reformat the main drive, re-install Windows, do the optimisation of Windows XP as recommended by Tascam, and in BIOS disable HT. On the other drive, after you save somewhere else what is valuable to you, delete all files and install all the samples you have and nothing else. Install in the main drive your sequencer and wave editor also. ( I would also remove the modem to separate this PC from the internet). Follow the instructions for CLEAN INSTALL from Tascam,before you attempt to install GS3. I am sure if you do this GS3 will install properly. Make sure that you convert all samples to GS3 format. GS3.02 is a full version I believe, so, if you suspect some problem with your GS3 disk, download it and use this to install instead doing GS3, then 3.01 and then 3.02. Good luck, I' think you will be OK, your PC sound OK for GS3, the only thing I am not familiar with is your soundcard, but I am sure you made sure that it is OK for GS. It maybe, that reinstalling Windows is being overly cautious, but Windows can get very mixed-up after a while, so I would do it and this way maybe saving time by not having to do it anyway after a lot of unsuccessful fiddling around .

Ted

Red face Re: GIGASTUDIO installation crashing PC...:( HELP ME!!!

GUESS WHAT BOYSSS!!!!!! JIPPIAJEEEEE!!!! IT'S WORKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!! BLOODY HELLL!!!!!! THIS IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE TO ME NOW!!!!!!!

Thanks, TED!!!! REALLY GOOD ADVICES!!!!! I didn't everything as you said and BANG!!!! IT's there now!! WORKING!!! NANANANANANAN! YEAH!!!

Yeah, I read from the Tascam's website that GS3 doesn't support HD and dual processors...that's why I installed new Windows by using "Standard Computer"...you can select it when installing windows...by pressing F5 when in the beginning at the setup...

THANKS ONCE AGAIN ALL OF YOU!!! EXPECIALLY TED!!! YOU ARE THE GIGA MAN!!!! HEHEHEHEHEH!

I LOVE THIS!

Cheers!!!!

Hi:

I often wondered why the good people on this forum give the time to answer questions, help others. Your happiness that your GS is working explains it all!
    Thanks for your thanks, and you made my day!

Ted

Go Back to forum