• Register
  • Help

Topic: AES roundup

Share/Bookmark

AES roundup

We had a successful AES show last week in San Francisco. We were set up at the Carillon Audio booth during the show.

The main announcement this year was the GPOD - a Turnkey Garritan Personal Orchestra DAW Computer built by Carillon Computers. The Garritan Personal Orchestra DAW, or GPOD, is a turn-key digital audio workstation that comes preloaded with GPO, Cubase LE and Overture. More on this later...

We also announced the new free updates (which you already know about)

It was too busy to see all of the show. What caught my eye was a mixing board that looked like the deck of the Starship Enterprise.

The highlight was meeting some forum members. We gave one-on-one demos to end users, artists and press. The feedback was very positive.

On Friday afternoon, I slipped away from the show and gave a short talk at Computers and Music in the Golden Gate section of San Francisco.

The show provided a great opportunity to meet with press people and VIPs from major companies. I had over a dozen meeting and luncheons. The AES is a precursor for NAMM and many things get set up for the NAMM show in Janunary.

Weather and food was great but those San Francisco cab drivers are another story .

Gary Garritan

Re: AES roundup

That is some powerful news Gary,
    COOL!

Great news. Though I couldn't help but think a slightly better acronym could be had for the super charged GPO DAW

Perhaps the following would sell more copies?

Garritan - Superior Personal Orchestra Turbo (G-SPOT)

Gary,

That's awesome. Hopefully you will have the same luck at OMEA in Feburary! (I stand corrected, Kudos!!)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

[QUOTE=Garritan]We had a successful AES show last week in San Francisco. We were set up at the Carillon Audio booth during the show.

The main announcement this year was the GPOD - a Turnkey Garritan Personal Orchestra DAW Computer built by Carillon Computers. The Garritan Personal Orchestra DAW, or GPOD, is a turn-key digital audio workstation that comes preloaded with GPO, Cubase LE and Overture. More on this later...

Gary: A turn-key would be the answer to my dreams now that I have invested $6,000 plus for a new Mac and PC, but don't have the ideal GPO tool yet. Getting rid of these for a dedicated GPO DAW would not be a problem and just imagine how pleased everyone would be to have a music-making machine without thousands of problems and platforms that we now have.

You must have been reading my mind lately...........

Hope to hear MORE of this REAL SOON.

Jack Cannon

@ dubaifox

Those computers on their site look nice. Still no sign of the GPOD though. I wonder if the prices will be as competitive as the barebones audio PC's they sell. I'm surprised at the prices they have though, very reasonable I think. Of course, I'll still build my own.

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Go Back to forum