• Register
  • Help

Topic: New song - Help with mix?

Share/Bookmark

New song - Help with mix?

Hey, everyone! I just finished a new composition and spent hours trying to get a good mix, but I just don't think I'm there yet. It sounds alright on my monitors and headphones, but usually when I play my songs back on other sources, my mixes sound so muddy; very low and mid range-y. What I want to know is, how does it sound from where you are? What would you do to change the overall mix? You'll have to copy and paste this -> http://www.angelfire.com/apes/nigels...ia_Sanctum.mp3 or you can go to my site and click on the newest addition.

Re: New song - Help with mix?

Hmmm- it doesn't sound bad at all on my system. Definitely not muddy. in fact, if anything it sounds to me like you overcompensated and it's a bit lacking in the very bottom end, from aout 80hz to 60 Hz. Love that brass- is that SAM??

I love listening for mix commentary, but when I clicked on your link, it appeared to download, but I couldn't get it to play. Never had this happen before.

Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Hmmm- it doesn't sound bad at all on my system. Definitely not muddy. in fact, if anything it sounds to me like you overcompensated and it's a bit lacking in the very bottom end, from aout 80hz to 60 Hz. Love that brass- is that SAM??
    Thanks, Fred! Actually, It did seem to show on the multiband eq I used that there wasn't enough bass at around that range. I thought that I probably shouldn't mess with it, but now I'm going to fix that for sure. Also, the brass is VSL First ed. as is the strings and woodwinds.

Dubaifox, it only works for me if I copy and paste the link into the address bar.

Go Back to forum