• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga piano 2 is abit cpu intensive....

Share/Bookmark

Giga piano 2 is abit cpu intensive....

hi

Been playing around with GS3 a bit now - lovin it.

However GP2 makes the cpu meter flicker (and I mean flicker rather than sit nice and steadily) as 18-20 %.

Is this normal ?

The other gigs I've tried have much lower cpu (around 5 %) and don't flocker so bad e.g. gigaharp, Sonic Implants Strings.

Even if I do a big glissando on the harp (voices >100) the cpu never goes above 10% or so

I accept that I have to increase my RME latency to 3 ms from 1.5 ms to get rid of the GP2 sustain pedal clicks but why is the resting cpu use so high ?

swayzak

Re: Giga piano 2 is abit cpu intensive....

No one.....?

Hi,

Gigapiano 2 is utilizing the new body resonance modelling(pedal up and down) with Gigapulse.

That means if you load Gigapiano 2 the embedded gigapulse is also with it, which is responsible for the high cpu load.

Hope that helps
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

When you increase the GSIF buffer size your CPU utilization will
    - stabilize ( less jumpy )
    - go down a little bit
    Try with a large buffer size first, that may give you a cracked sound, then work your way backwards until you get the clean sound.
    Use a very low poliphony settings while you test this, otherwise your CPU overload may be misleading, that is another factor.
    When you found the good GSIF buffer size then only after then try to gradually increase the poliphony settings and see how much your CPU can handle. You also want to disable the pedal noise if your poliphony is limited by the CPU.
    I'm having a decent dual CPU system and GPII brings it to it's knees.
    Actually I am lucky that it runs on dual at all - it is not supported !!! - , behaves strange, it is sharing the CPU load, but utilizes only 50% of each and that is the limit.
    hope it helped a bit
    maszat

Quote Originally Posted by maszat
    When you increase the GSIF buffer size your CPU utilization will
    - stabilize ( less jumpy )
    - go down a little bit
    Try with a large buffer size first, that may give you a cracked sound, then work your way backwards until you get the clean sound.
    Use a very low poliphony settings while you test this, otherwise your CPU overload may be misleading, that is another factor.
    When you found the good GSIF buffer size then only after then try to gradually increase the poliphony settings and see how much your CPU can handle. You also want to disable the pedal noise if your poliphony is limited by the CPU.
    I'm having a decent dual CPU system and GPII brings it to it's knees.
    Actually I am lucky that it runs on dual at all - it is not supported !!! - , behaves strange, it is sharing the CPU load, but utilizes only 50% of each and that is the limit.
    hope it helped a bit
    maszat
    Thanks - that's reassuring.

It does sound lovely though...

BTW, what is the latency that you have obtained through this method?

Go Back to forum