• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tascam tech support?

Share/Bookmark

Tascam tech support?

Has anyone ever actually received a response from Tascam tech support regarding GS3 or any GigaStudio for that matter? I know some people have managed to talk to someone on the phone, but how about email?

Not only is their email form not working, but also when I send them an email manually I never receive a response - ever.

With a software as buggy as GS3 they could atleast hire someone to respond to the emails and hold your hand when your computer keeps crashing.

Juuso

Re: Tascam tech support?

Hmmm...I've only had GS3 for a few days but the tech support / website side of it is not looking good.

Early days yet but maybe Steinberg finally has a rival for the most piss poor support in the DAW industry

As near as I can tell the only "technical" guy on the support side seems to be "chris" who's email is custser7@tascam. We've emailed back and forth a few times.

Thanks

I've just tried that email.....finger crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon
    As near as I can tell the only "technical" guy on the support side seems to be "chris" who's email is custser7@tascam. We've emailed back and forth a few times.
    Man is he going to get bombarded with emails when the word gets out.

I already sent my comments to the abyss of CustSer@tascam.com, but unless they start replying to my earlier emails soon Chris is going to get some email from me too.

Juuso

Well I'm bloody well stuck.

I can't authorise via web and I object to paying for a transatlantic phone call to sort this out.

Never had this problem before (NI, SampleTank, Tassman etc.)...

...but I had to phone them up really didn't I ?

30 mins @ 4p per min not too bad I suppose.

Got it registered in the end but WHAT a pain in the arse.

swayzak

Quote Originally Posted by swayzak
    ...but I had to phone them up really didn't I ?

30 mins @ 4p per min not too bad I suppose.

Got it registered in the end but WHAT a pain in the arse.

swayzak
    Sounds like my experience with NI.
    After leaving three messages on an answering machine, I had to call AudioMidi, then they called NI (and probably told them a few cuss words, from the sound of the AudioMidi guy's voice when he called me back), then they, NI, called me.

As soon as I get my P4 I'm selling KONTAKT. Maybe I'll keep VOKATOR and ABSYNTH
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

I guess this is what they call the Leading edge[Bleeding edge].
    I vowed I would not buy gigastudio 3.0 and support Tascam until they got their act together.
    Im starting to think I made the right choice .
    Ill just keep using 2.54 until they either change and start treating their customers like human beings or Ill move on to another softsampler.
    Vote with your wallet ,its a language these companies understand.

HI Guys,

I am new on this board but have used giga for a long time- I got a response form Tasacam a week ago after I complained about program changes not working at all - Notes sticking in my scores etc... they said it is being fixed in the 3.02 update- 3.02 has been removed from the Tasacam site(it appears) maybe because of this and many other problems. One update fixes one thing but breaks something that worked previously. Went back to 2.54 till this is all sorted out.

thanks

Cakemaker

Go Back to forum