• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to "Point" RMX to Data

Share/Bookmark

Question How to "Point" RMX to Data

I'm not knocking Spectrasonics, but I need a manual for RMX. I cannot watch the included DVD either at home or at work (my computer is set up for music, not for watching DVDs etc.--have another post about this and tried several of the suggestions today) So I have a fancy big empty groove box in RMX. My immediate problem is that I don't think RMX is reading my data. I have RMX installed on my C drive and the Data on my E drive. I have a shortcut from the Sage folder which holds the data right next to the RMX dll file. When I click the short-cut next to the dll, the folder with the kit modules, RMX groove and Classic Stylus Data Bases are located, opens just fine. However, there doesn't seem to be any data to load into RMX (from within the plug-in itself.) Bad enough I probably won't be able to figure this out for months until they get a manual, but not even finding the data is frustrating! I e-mailed Spectrasonics help and their response (today) was that they were writing a manual.

Question: How do a "point" RMX to the data? or Know that I have done so successfully.

This probably seems like a basic problem to some of you, but I feel pretty frustrated at this time. Promise--no more RMX questions until the manual comes out or 2 months goes by.... whichever comes first.

Many thanks for your time and help with this.
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Re: How to "Point" RMX to Data

Hey rjt

Have you done exactly like it says on page 8 in the installation guide ??

The shortcut should be in C:\Program Files\Spectrasonics - not where your dll file are.

Bo

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Clausen
    Hey rjt

Have you done exactly like it says on page 8 in the installation guide ??

The shortcut should be in C:\Program Files\Spectrasonics - not where your dll file are.

Bo
    And don't forget to rename the shortcut to SAGE. I tried this today and it worked here.

/Tobias

Thanks...... since I didn't install to the default directory, I didn't think to put the shortcut to the program files/spectrasonics folder. It works now!

Take Care
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Go Back to forum