• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: The First Noel submitted by DPDan

Share/Bookmark

The First Noel submitted by DPDan

Re: The First Noel submitted by DPDan

Hi Dan,

That was really lovely. It was so reflective and dreamy. I liked the reharmonization you did in spots.

Take care,

Karl

This is really beautiful and will go nice while the misses and I relax by the fire on Christmas Eve.
    OK, now I quit!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: The First Noel submitted by DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    DPDan, nice "fantasia" over The First Noel. Sometimes the conductor could maybe control the orchestra members little better, some where too late with some notes.
    Overall it was very nice and well done, I noticed however few places which could use little better voice-leading IMO.

I can't wait to buy and get the Holiday CD, this Christmas will be something special!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Dan,

This really tugs at the heart strings. Was it my imagination but did I hear chair creaks, breathes and other noises from your GPO players?

Just a beautiful arrangement. Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

The Christmas season is a very special and emotional time for me (probably for all of us) - maybe because the music just makes me thankful that we survived the rough times of the past and how really lucky we are to be where we're at now.

I've been with the love of my life for 13 years now, and wouldn't trade anything in the world for that.

DPDan, you touched a nerve with this one, and I'm very impressed. Nice job.

Additionally, I'm afraid I must dissent with a previous post - the miscues or timing errors by your instrumentalists are fine with me. It makes 'em more human and all the more welcome in my home, and to my ears.

Hey, I know it's early, but anyone want some Wassail?

SteveMitchell

Thank you Steve, and congratulations to you and the love of your life, pamper that relationship!!!!

Gary, I had a few problems with that celloist, his little rubber peg squeeked on the floor during the best take of all, go figure
    and that dang floooooootist, the arranger should have left some bigger gaps between those lines for breathing.
    Thanks everyone.
    DpDan

[QUOTE=DPDAN]Thank you Steve, and congratulations to you and the love of your life, pamper that relationship!!!!

Gary, I did had few problems with that celloist, his little rubber peg squeeked on the floor during the best take of all, go figure
    and that dang floooooootist, the arranger should have left some bigger gaps between those lines for breathing.

A strange observation I had recently, I used to get so upset at little noises in my recordings and would do everything I could to take them out and make the recording as perfect as possible. Now, I am putting noises into music, how weird is that? I do need to work on making the "players" not so out of time with each other. The best classical recordings that I have all have some discrepancies with timing, but not usually as much as some of my players, I'll get on them.
    Thanks everyone.
    DpDan

Lovely indeed. I can feel the christmas season fast approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I do need to work on making the "players" not so out of time with each other. The best classical recordings that I have all have some discrepancies with timing, but not usually as much as some of my players, I'll get on them.
    Thanks everyone.
    DpDan
    Dan, you have to stop paying those GPO guys with beer instead of money.

Karl

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast