• Register
  • Help

Topic: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Share/Bookmark

Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Hey guys

Want to watch one of my films done with GPO? I have placed "Broken Oaths" on my web site. It is in streaming Windows Media Format. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think. Here's the link.

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/Broken%20Oath.wmv

I checked it on my system. It should work alright. Please let me know if you have any problems. Enjoy!

Jonny

PS. You can also download the score to it as well as any of my other film scores from the various pages of my website. Please give it a browse and sign my guestbook if you have the time. Thanks!
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Talking Re: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Hi Jonny!
    I watched this the other night and just loved it. The music you composed went so well with the action of the movie and added much to the angst that the characters were feeling. Great job! It was so neat to see the final project. Kudos!

William
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Thumbs up Re: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Wow Jonny,

I really enjoyed the film and in particular the soundtrack. The music is really fabulous and fit the movie perfectly. This is incredible.
    Thanks for posting this for all of us to enjoy.

Gary

Re: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Gary and William,

Thanks for checking out my project. I have been given permission to post a few of my other GPO-composed films. As soon as I can get them up, I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jonny

BTW, Gary, did you see your name in the credits?!! :-)
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

I enjoyed the short film, thanks for sharing! The music was very effective, nice work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Smile Re: Broken Oath Now Available for Viewing on my Website

Overall, I was really impressed. The whole film was done very well, and the score wasn't bad either.

I hope you don't mind if maybe I offer some "constructive criticism", though. I thought maybe for a film like this, which is basically an examination of the darker side of human nature and revolves around themes of violence, betrayal and corruption, it might have been more in keeping with the film to have a darker score.

Specifically, I would have gone for something very similar to Howard Shore's score for "The Game" - something murky, with a fair bit of reverb, using barely any woodwinds and a lot of dissonant tinklings on the piano, with ominous rumblings played on cello and bass sections. Also, I would have spent a lot of time in the lowest ranges of the instrument, eschewing the brighter-sounding higher octaves.

Again, it was good music and a good film, and I guess a lot of this comes down to personal taste, but to be completely honest - it sounded a little cartoony at times. Which is fine in its own right, but probably not what would best suit a film like this.

Otherwise, excellent stuff! I enjoyed it very much. Hope I wasn't too harsh there.

Go Back to forum