• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS 2 at Sweetwater?

Share/Bookmark

GOS 2 at Sweetwater?

I just got my Sweetwater Pro Gear catalog in the mail today. As usual, I went straight to the software section. I find that GOS is listed on page 77. At the bottom they mention "The new 24-bit Advanced String Library for Mac or PC machines supports VSTi, DXi, Audio Units and RTAS."

Is this GOS2 they're talking about? Can we take this to mean that its release is imminent? Or is Sweetwater just getting ahead of themselves?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: GOS 2 at Sweetwater?

Well they had Synthogy's Ivory listed 2-3 months before it came out. I wonder if this is the same for GOS 2 - maybe for NAMM?

That makes it sound like a plug-in, which makes me think it's a GPO upgrade they're talkoing about. But maybe not! I'd hate to have spent all that money on GS3 just in time to see people stampede away from it though.

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers
    I just got my Sweetwater Pro Gear catalog in the mail today. As usual, I went straight to the software section. I find that GOS is listed on page 77. At the bottom they mention "The new 24-bit Advanced String Library for Mac or PC machines supports VSTi, DXi, Audio Units and RTAS."

Is this GOS2 they're talking about? Can we take this to mean that its release is imminent? Or is Sweetwater just getting ahead of themselves?
    It is just Sweetwater just getting ahead. For the subsequent year's catelog we have to guess a long time in advance. This happened last year when GPO was prematurely announced in the Time & Space catalog and created a stampede. If you wait to advertise you can lose out on being in a catelog for the following year. So sometimes you have to make your best guess. And yes, we do hope to come out with the "new 24-bit Advanced String Library for Mac or PC machines supports VSTi, DXi, Audio Units and RTAS"

Gary Garritan.

Gary,

Thanks for posting this clarification.

I know you have to proceed with development at whatever pace suits your plans but, at least for me, there is certainly a pressing need for GOS2 (or whatever you'd like to call it).

I've been a GOS user for many years, know the library very well, and have employed it as my primary string library on hundreds of commercial productions and scores. Recently, the Gigastudio machine I purchased specifically to run GOS died. Being a Mac guy, I was never particularly comfortable having a PC in my studio (I just don't have the expertise to deal with it if anything goes wrong), so now that the machine is kaput I don't intend to replace it. This however leaves me with no way to run GOS for the time being--of course this is not your problem, but I wanted to emphasize that for me (and perhaps some other users) there is a degree of urgency in seeing this new product come to market. GOS remains my favorite string library (and I've used them all), so I hope I'll be able to return to using it, in its new incarnation, in the *very* near future.

Thanks for creating such great products.

When can we expect to see Garritan Orchestral String 2?

I check the website almost daily because I saw them announced for the first quarter of 2009.

Any updates, Gary? I wait with great anticipation!

Alain

www.alainmayrand.com

Any news regarding GOS 2?

Go Back to forum