• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dave Govett -GS Experts: a GS .gig Problem

Share/Bookmark

Dave Govett -GS Experts: a GS .gig Problem

Perhaps someone out there may have an answer to this problem. I have this .gig file (actually a number of them) with alot of xfades and layers. With nothing else loaded except GS and this.gig, I play one note and after about one second a bunch of the voices cut out. As a matter of fact, I can look at the voices readout and it will be playing 11 voices, then suddenly it will switch to 8 voices at the same time as the voices cut out in the sound. The gig file looks fine in the editor: All of the samples that are utilized in that instrument are fine, and all the ASDR envelopes look ok as well. Any idea what is going wrong here?

Re: Dave Govett -GS Experts: a GS .gig Problem

Can it be that the samples for those voices are simply coming to an end? I know that happens in some AO string patches.

No, that is not it, thanks. It is an abrupt end of voices: 11 voices playing suddenly going to 8 voices.

are some of them looped, and the loops turned off?

I will look into it. Would that cause 3 out of 11 voices to stop at the same time??

Nope, no loops and no loops are on, even if they had them, which they don\'t. Thanks.
    Any more ideas out there?

It really depends on the samples themselves then.

Its really hard to tell ya whats going on without having the gig in front of my face.

Aren\'t you in San jose?

maybe you can give me a call later and we can walk through it together, or brng it by or something.

Do you have backup copies of the WAV files? You might have a glitch in the file which causes some notes to stop?

I have a couple of notes in the ProSamples Quantum Leap Pop Brass that do something like that. They suddenly go down a whole tone and then cut out. It\'s in the individual sample, not the GIG.

Dasher

No, that\'s not it. Thanks. Several different .gig\'s do this. All large 11+ voices...

well, i was experiencing a violin line dropping out on a held note. I was running 50-60 polyphony..certainly nothing on the edge for giga 160. But still that violin was dropping out.

so, I moved the Giga buffer to 4MB (which I\'ve nevr had to do) and it took care of the dropping out violin.

Man, I swear there are invisible beings just mesing around with our DAWs. I can never explain why stuff that has worked fine suddenly stops (adding nothing new to the computer even). Just a different day. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum