• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt will be able to stream

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt will be able to stream

Native Instruments Kontakt will be able to stream samples soon:
    ------------------------------------------
    KONTAKT is shipping in a new hybrid version 1.1 for both Mac and PC, and in addition can now load libraries in HALion™, EXS™ and SDII™ formats. More breaking news: In November 2002, a free online update for Mac and PC will allow to play samples directly from the hard drive. Users of HALion™, EXS™, Unity DS-1™ and GigaStudio™/ GigaSampler™ are invited to crossgrade to KONTAKT at a special discount.
    --------------------------------------------
    Anyone tried Kontakt? How is it and how are the samples that comes with it?

I have Gigastudio on a seperate computer and use Halion now on my sequenser computer but Halion needs to convert the giga samples and its not very optimal - strange things happens.
    Would be nice if I could keep them as native giga on both machines.

Re: Kontakt will be able to stream

Hello..Kontakt is NOT an alternative to gigastudio!! It has major problems and crashes regualarly making it worthless to most serious musicians. One bug in particualar that I find annoying is that if you set the polyphany for an instrument at a set number........if you exceed that number instead of dropping the first notes played.....it drops the last ones..{refusing to play the last notes}......this is rediculous and makes your music sound stupid........

Originally posted by Rube:
    if you exceed that number instead of dropping the first notes played.....it drops the last ones..{refusing to play the last notes}......this is rediculous and makes your music sound stupid........
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">actually if you go to Kontakt\'s structure view then choose voice groups can specify which notes get dropped, the options are

Any
    Oldest
    Newest
    Lowest
    Highest

-david abraham

while Gigastudio is definitely a more mature product, its a bit unfair to say that Kontakt is not for serious work. Native Instruments has consistently put out 1st class audio applications (ie, Reaktor, FM7, B4, Absynth, Battery, etc.). Kontakt is likely to become a very hot soft sampler..perhaps even giving Gigastudio a run for its money soon enough....

I read that there are 3GIG of Samples
    in KONTAKT . How are the qualities of these
    samples ? Are there Demos that use these
    samples ?

Veron

Go Back to forum