• Register
  • Help

Topic: Section violins sound funny.

Share/Bookmark

Section violins sound funny.

I posted in a thread the other day that I was having trouble breaking out my old MIDIs using FUll String patches to sections because they sound thin. Well, I think the problem I am having is that the sectional violin patches sound very weird. They sound almost detuned, have too much vibrato or some sort of portamento weirdness going on. I have looked all over my sequence to see if there is a controller event mucking up the works, but even a track with nothing but note events shows this behaivior. The other strings (viola, cello, bass) don't do this. It seems it is both the lush and sus patches. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

EDIT: Doh, I am running the out of the box version. It seems from another thread there are updates that should fix this. Off to get the updates....

Re: Section violins sound funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbagump
    It seems from another thread there are updates that should fix this. Off to get the updates....
    You are right, there were some tuning issues with some of the strings, but they are all great in the update.
    DPDan

Go Back to forum