• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Gigapulse instantly crashes

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Hi all!

    I bought GS3 Orchestra yesterday, and it was the beginning of a very painful evening. It took me everything to get it up and running but I finally managed to have it running. Now, as soon as I try to add Gigapulse as an insert, it instantly crashes my computer with a blue screen... Am I the only one who got this? Any known workarounds?

    Thanks,
    Martin
    Martin Lachance, Composer
    www.martinlachance.com

  2. #2

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinL
    Hi all!

    I bought GS3 Orchestra yesterday, and it was the beginning of a very painful evening. It took me everything to get it up and running but I finally managed to have it running. Now, as soon as I try to add Gigapulse as an insert, it instantly crashes my computer with a blue screen... Am I the only one who got this? Any known workarounds?

    Thanks,
    Martin
    You might try reading the manual, understanding your computer specs, clicking the help button, searching this forum and all the other helpful forums out there, taking a small amount of time to understand what you're getting into, looking readin and listening and then when you've made some small effort to work it out yourself post some useful info such as youre specs and exactly what you where doing when it crashed.

    Either that or give it up as a bad lot - if it don't work first time why bother with it?
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

    Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

    www.davetubaking.com

  3. #3

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    I had this error. It used to get it every time, but since I've reinstalled without installing any updates it works fine.

  4. #4
    andyt
    Guest

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Quote Originally Posted by David_Carter
    You might try reading the manual, understanding your computer specs, clicking the help button, searching this forum and all the other helpful forums out there, taking a small amount of time to understand what you're getting into, looking readin and listening and then when you've made some small effort to work it out yourself post some useful info such as youre specs and exactly what you where doing when it crashed.

    Either that or give it up as a bad lot - if it don't work first time why bother with it?
    Jeez ... he only asked if anyone else had experienced the problem.


    In answer to the original question .... GigaPuse can cause my system to crash occassionally.

    I haven't bothered to try to sort it out .... times too short to solve every occasional blip. But your problem sounds significantly more serious.

    It might be related to dodgy VST FX ... rather than Gigapulse. Try blocking these first in System Preferences.

  5. #5

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Also, you didn't provide your system specs. Gigapulse eats up a HUGE amount of resources, and if you have anything but a 2+Ghz processor you will have issues.

    If your system is indeed robust enough, I would first try to do a clean GS3 install, and as Andyt pointed out, then block out any VST's from the search path.

    -- David

  6. #6

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Existence
    Also, you didn't provide your system specs. Gigapulse eats up a HUGE amount of resources, and if you have anything but a 2+Ghz processor you will have issues.
    Yes indeed, that might be the problem. I was trying to run it on a 1.4Ghz Athlon.

    But I would expect an error message saying that my system is not compatible instead of a blue screen of death...!

    Thanks to all so far!
    Martin
    Martin Lachance, Composer
    www.martinlachance.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Hi Martin,

    That's the issue (system spec). You really need a 3000+ as a minumum AMD platform for GigaPulse. Even then, you won't be able to run a big slew of them, but you'll be past the point where GigaStudio eats every resource of the machine and just locks it up solid.

  8. #8

    Re: Gigapulse instantly crashes

    Thanks Bruce!

    At least now I know. I think I'll reorganize my setup so that the sequencer goes on the slower machine, and giga on the fast one. That might make more sense...!

    Martin
    Martin Lachance, Composer
    www.martinlachance.com

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •