• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Composer Channel: Please check your Composer Profile now...

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Composer Channel: Please check your Composer Profile now...

Hey, guys.

Just added a bunch of new composers and another 67 songs since the last update (and man, are my fingers tired... ) Everything I've heard so far is great, and our listeners are going to love your work!

It's been a ton of work getting the web site stuff updated, handling incoming songs, doing data entry, converting mp3 files, etc. At this point, I need to ask for your help. Please go to your Composer Profile by clicking on your name in the list at:

http://www.showprogramming.com/ComposerList.asp

Here's what I need for you to do:
    1. Check your composer information. If there's bio stuff you sent me, make sure it's correct, and if not, it would be great if you could add a little about yourself.
    2. Check the spelling of each song name, and enter some comments to give Charlie and Deirdre something to go on when they're announcing your song.
    The user interface isn't fancy but should be obvious. There's links that say "update", click on them, update the stuff, push the do it button.

We're going into the studio next weekend to record the shows. We may not be able to use some of the material for the initial launch if we don't have the information we need to announce you, so please take a moment and update your song information if you haven't already. And if you don't see your name on the list or some songs you think I should have, pm or email me as this is all I have as of this posting.

Also, now that I have a web interface up so that everyone can edit their details, please don't send me any more bio or song info - plug it directly into the web site instead. In other words, shoot me files or links to your songs, and I'll get them put up into the database. Once that's done, you can then add / edit the song and bio info on your own. (If you send it to me in an email, it simply may not get done due to the increasing workload.)

We're getting closer, folks, and there's other rather exciting news about the audience for this station that I can't spill the beans on just yet. Suffice to say that you may have a larger audience for this than you were thinking. This project has kinda taken on a life of its own on my end of things, which will be great for everyone.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Composer Channel: Please check your Composer Profile now...

Sounds great, Chris. Thanks for your effort.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thumbs up Re: Composer Channel: Please check your Composer Profile now...

Chris, don't know how to thank you. You deserve a party in your honor!
    Great work awesome!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Chris, don't know how to thank you. You deserve a party in your honor!
    Great work awesome!
    I'm always up for a party!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

hy christopher,

i was on a congress for the hole last week, but now i've create an account on your site, but did not receive an email for activation.
    As soon as this will work i will update my profile.

andy

Quote Originally Posted by avalongalaxy
    hy christopher,

i was on a congress for the hole last week, but now i've create an account on your site, but did not receive an email for activation.
    As soon as this will work i will update my profile.

andy
    Hey, Andy.

I checked the database, and you appear to have received the email as you're activated. Please note that I saw the duplicate accounts and removed the one with the avalon userid and left the AndreasMax one. It's active and you should be able to login, but please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Some folks have been having difficulty updating their bio and song information as I worked through the web site development process. Everything should be settled down now, and if you'll just go to the home page at www.ShowProgramming.com , there are step by step instructions on how to edit your Composer information and add comments to each of your songs.

It would be great if you could all do this soon, as we're going into the studio next weekend to record the shows and we'll need this information.

We've got some great music to share with the world!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Some folks have been having difficulty updating their bio and song information
    I'm among them. "Update" button does not save Biography info and E-mail change on bsf/myaccount/modify.asp.

On bsf/myaccount/index.asp it shows changed E-mail address though.
    Thanks for uploading my song, Chris!
    sfiks

Question Re: Composer Channel: Please check your Composer Profile now...

Hey, guys.

Just added a bunch of new composers and another 67 songs since the last update (and man, are my fingers tired... ) Everything I've heard so far is great, and our listeners are going to love your work!

It's been a ton of work getting the web site stuff updated, handling incoming songs, doing data entry, converting mp3 files, etc. At this point, I need to ask for your help. Please go to your Composer Profile by clicking on your name in the list at:

http://www.showprogramming.com/ComposerList.asp

Here's what I need for you to do:
    1. Check your composer information. If there's bio stuff you sent me, make sure it's correct, and if not, it would be great if you could add a little about yourself.
    2. Check the spelling of each song name, and enter some comments to give Charlie and Deirdre something to go on when they're announcing your song.
    The user interface isn't fancy but should be obvious. There's links that say "update", click on them, update the stuff, push the do it button.

We're going into the studio next weekend to record the shows. We may not be able to use some of the material for the initial launch if we don't have the information we need to announce you, so please take a moment and update your song information if you haven't already. And if you don't see your name on the list or some songs you think I should have, pm or email me as this is all I have as of this posting.

Also, now that I have a web interface up so that everyone can edit their details, please don't send me any more bio or song info - plug it directly into the web site instead. In other words, shoot me files or links to your songs, and I'll get them put up into the database. Once that's done, you can then add / edit the song and bio info on your own. (If you send it to me in an email, it simply may not get done due to the increasing workload.)

We're getting closer, folks, and there's other rather exciting news about the audience for this station that I can't spill the beans on just yet. Suffice to say that you may have a larger audience for this than you were thinking. This project has kinda taken on a life of its own on my end of things, which will be great for everyone.

Thanks!

Hi! Do I need to own a GPO or something from Garritan to be in the Team ?
    I don't own a GPO yet.... no money yet...

Hey, Andy.

I checked the database, and you appear to have received the email as you're activated. Please note that I saw the duplicate accounts and removed the one with the avalon userid and left the AndreasMax one. It's active and you should be able to login, but please let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks!
    Christopher,

i got it, and have updated my profil.
    thanks

Go Back to forum