• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'll try this again

Share/Bookmark

I'll try this again

What I have hear is a girl who took vocal lessons from me. She came to me at the age of 14 with absolutely no power to her voice. Here is a recording of her singing Amazing Grace (not a very good recording, sorry) but the idea is her voice. I've been trying to orchestrate using GPO exclusively around her voice and having limited luck.
    Please listen and give me your professional opinion.

http://www.twinzzapstudio21.com/Demo...ions/Sarah.mp3

Thanks.
    Styxx

Talking Re: I'll try this again

Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: I'll try this again

Ok, now some comments about the voice.

Very nice from what 17 year old(?), just need to use more support on the high notes. She has a good ear for the pitch, I didn't notice any problems with the pitch.
    Nice vib. however, maybe too much controlled. When I learned singing I was tought to just lose control over the vib, it should come natural when the voice is used correctly. However, I know that there are many theories about this issue.
    One thing I would also point out is to try to connect the notes better with the vowels to avoid to have too much difference between the character of the notes. My singing teacher said to me, always practice the song on vowels then the text will come natural with correct phrasing, texture etc.

Good job Styxx, her voice is clearly open up and is getting a lot of power - though she need to work little more on the support issues.

Enough for now... I need to get some sleep now - maybe I'll notice something more tomorrow with fresh ears.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: I'll try this again

Thanks falcon1 - That was recorded three years ago so she's twenty and much more experienced. I spoke with here over this past summer and she is ready to work on a CD. Doesn't write much music but she is good at lyrics.
    Thanks for the tips. I don't teach voice anymore.
    Styxx

Smile Re: I'll try this again

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Thanks falcon1 - That was recorded three years ago so she's twenty and much more experienced. I spoke with here over this past summer and she is ready to work on a CD. Doesn't write much music but she is good at lyrics.
    Thanks for the tips. I don't teach voice anymore.
    Styxx, she must be great today? Do you have a recent recording of her voice? It would be interesting to see/hear how this voice sounds today.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

She's away at college until the Thanksgiving break. I will call her parents to see how I can get a hold of her to do a session.
    Styxx

Boy that girl has some LUNGS! Hooey that will be fun to orchestrate for her when you get the chance Sir Styxx. Have a blast!
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

Go Back to forum