• Register
  • Help

Topic: KHSS Beethoven Mock-up

Share/Bookmark

KHSS Beethoven Mock-up

I just recently got KHSS, taking advantage of his $149.99 sale. I did a quick mock-up of the 3rd mov't of Beethoven's Harp Quartet for those who may be interested in hearing how this library sounds in a Presto tempo. It's a small file, 800kb. If the site has reached it's transfer limit, try again in a while.

http://ca.geocities.com/rrosadiuk487.../Beethoven.mp3

Re: KHSS Beethoven Mock-up

Wow, pretty damn good! Sounds like you've got a handle on kHSS! Whcich brings me to my question: do you have any tips (or where to get them) on how to get started with KHSS? I bought them on the same sale. They seem to have loaded into Kontakt fine. What I don't know is how to make use of all of the programs, Ket Switching, MW included. I'm a beginner intending to use the strings in my songs.

Thanks,

RickyB

Some parts of this sound really great, with the up/down bowings particularly. I have only two real complaints (that can be controlled): How about layering the lead with a section library up/down staccato articulation, and a little reverb.

Sounds nice- particularly for a "quick mock up".

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    How about layering the lead with a section library up/down staccato articulation, and a little reverb.
    If you mean alternating articulations to achieve a better up and down bowing, I did that but this library is not the most consistant. These samples do not blend together easily. Very difficult library to work with to achieve some sort of unity. Like I said I put this together just as a quick demo to demonstrate this library at a presto tempo so I do not have much more interest to continue this piece or fix it up even though I know I could do a lot more to make it more realistic. But thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky B
    Wow, pretty damn good! Sounds like you've got a handle on kHSS! Whcich brings me to my question: do you have any tips (or where to get them) on how to get started with KHSS? I bought them on the same sale. They seem to have loaded into Kontakt fine. What I don't know is how to make use of all of the programs, Ket Switching, MW included. I'm a beginner intending to use the strings in my songs.

Thanks,

RickyB
    The first thing I would do is have a good listen to all the articulations, know them well. You will see that many of them are not consistant. So what I did with some parts of this Beethoven piece was to use marc. art for stac, and vice versa, add a det. art instead of a marc. What this means is that it becomes very time consuming instead of just loading up a velocity layer articulation and working around that. You will find yourself stripping the melody for each specific articulation. Hope this helps.

Go Back to forum