• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why doesn't Nemesys Out 1-4 show up in Cubase?

Share/Bookmark

Why doesn\'t Nemesys Out 1-4 show up in Cubase?

I have made a clean install of Windows 2000 and all my audio programs. Suddenly, the Nemesys Out ports do not show in Cubase [only Delta Midi Out] and the \"keyboard\" in GigaStudio 160 is grey and dosn\'t make a sound when pressed.

Probably an easy fix...? Any body there to help? Thanks a lot!

Re: Why doesn\'t Nemesys Out 1-4 show up in Cubase?

Niklas,

What\'s it say in the hardware routing page on Giga - the midi port in/out slots?

It says: Delta AP GSIF driver; GSIF compatible yes
    44,1 kHz; 16 bit
    Outputs enabled 1,2; 3,4
    Midi In Ports: Delta AP Midi
    Midi Out Ports [grey]: Nemesys Out Port 1

Thanks a lot in advance.

Do you have the Delta AP midi assigned to each of the four ports or just the first port?

One time I had a problem like this, I had two different midi devices assigned to the four giga ports (Unitor on three and creamware on one), but hadn\'t actually connected one of them. Even though one connection was valid, all four ports got greyed out. As soon as I set them all to something valid and hit the apply button, the boxes went green.

The only other time I had this problem was when I was already running Acid pro and booted Giga while Acid was playing. Giga started, but the ports were greyed out. I closed Acid, restarted Giga, and all was fine.

I found the posts below in another forum which helped. Thanks a lot anyway. [It\'s strange that you have to change things deeep inside the core of the computer to sort such basics out...]

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

» You are not logged in. Login or register TASCAM Online Forums » GigaStudio/GigaSampler » GigaStudio Software/System Issues » No Midi in 2.5 for me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
    Author Topic: No Midi in 2.5 for me
    Cody
    Member # 7677

posted 11-24-2001 05:34 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I finally downloaded 2.5. It installed like a dream, started up beautifully, loaded up the instruments quickly. But lo, no midi is being recognized. In settings, I\'ve got the midi assigned. But there are no green lights on the meters, they\'re just grey. I can\'t even play the keyboard with the mouse in the ports. What am I missing???
    Cody
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MooseTex
    Member # 8209

posted 11-24-2001 06:22 PM
    I am having exactly the same problem. Here\'s my equipment:
    AMD 1.4 GHz K7
    1.0 Gbytes RAM (DDR-SDRAM)
    Win2000 with NTFS file system
    GSIF-compatible Midiman Delta 66 card
    LynxOne Midi Input port
    Maxtor HD at UDMA-100
    Western Digital HD at UDMA-100
    If anyone knows what\'s happening here, please let us know. Thank you

Posts: 143 | From: Willis, Texas | Registered: Nov 2001 | IP: Logged

MooseTex
    Member # 8209

posted 11-25-2001 01:05 PM
    According to the diagnostics, there are two registry keys missing:
    SOFTWARE\\NEMESYS\\HARDWARE\\SETTINGS

and

SOFTWARE\\NEMESYS\\GIGASAMPLER\\SETTINGS

Plus, under the registry key

SOFTWARE\\MICROSOFT\\WINDOWS NT\\CURRENTVERSION\\Drivers32

there are ten (10) MIDI drivers and ten (10) mixer drivers, all of which show <wdmaud.drv> in the data column.

I believe these last settings are leftovers from previous installations of different sound cards. Anyone know how to get rid of them? I dont\' want to just hack the registry.

Thank you for information.,

MooseTex

MooseTex
    Member # 8209

posted 11-25-2001 02:11 PM
    SUCCESS!!!
    I hacked the registry anyway, and the two NemeSys registry keys are still missing, but under the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\Drivers32

I deleted all but the (numerically) first four entries for MIDI drivers, did a CLEAN reinstall of GStudio, and I now have four active MIDI ports in GStudio.

As I suspected, the SBLive software that I had to install several times before it worked left a bunch of garbage behind in the registry after I removed the card. Deleting those entries using the <wdmaud.drv> fixed my problem.

Whether it causes any more problems remains to be seen, but GStudio appears to be fully functional now under Win2000 (SP2).

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thank you, MooseTex

Cody
    Member # 7677

posted 11-25-2001 10:36 PM
    Hey MooseTex,
    You give me hope that I might be able to get mine up and going. I also have a 1.4 ghz AMD. However, I\'m running XP. I don\'t have the same registry keys and can\'t find anything in there about Midi drivers. When you did your clean re-install of gigastudio, did you go into the registry and delete all of the nemesys stuff too?
    Cody

Cody
    Member # 7677

posted 11-26-2001 09:27 AM
    EEEEEHAAAAA!!!!! Success Here too!
    Found those pesky little midi thangs in the registry and deleted them. Re-installed giga and voila! Works great! Thank You MooseTex!
    Cody

Kevin
    Member # 7060

posted 11-26-2001 11:58 AM
    Folks who use Win2000-
    There is a 10 MIDI port limitation in Win2000. If you go over this limit, your MIDI devices will begin to disappear. As Murphy would have it, the one\'s you need most will be the first to go. Be sure to remove any MIDI device ports you are not using with GigaStudio.

You will need to restart the computer.

Win98 and WinXp do not have this 10 port limit.

Kevin

Posts: 364 | From: Silicon Gulch, TX | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

MooseTex
    Member # 8209

posted 11-26-2001 01:19 PM
    For Cody --
    Congratulations on getting your GStudio up and running. Sorry I did not answer your question last night. Yes, I did remove all the registry entries for CONEXANT and NEMESYS. The full instructions for doing a clean install are on this forum under the topic <Nemesys DSP/Mixing NStation not installing>.

For Kevin --

I believe most Win2000 users are well aware of the 10-device limit, and apparently Cody\'s WinXP also has that limit.

What we are sadly lacking in is instructions for correcting the problem when we hit that limit. I believe something to address that problem should be included in a future GStudio README.TXT file.

That would save a lot of headaches for many users.

Happy sampling to everyone!

MooseTex

David Govett
    Member # 7789

posted 11-30-2001 01:45 AM
    Oh just fn great! That was the same problem we had in the win95 days. They solved it with 98 and now it\'s back again!
    To add to the mystry, Kevin Phelan has an XP machine working fine with 14 ports showing up.
    Who knows. Looks like my sequencing machine will eventually be Win 98 while the GS machies will be XP
    David Govett

Posts: 52 | From: Austin,Texas,78759 | Registered: Nov 2001 | IP: Logged

All times are PT (US)

Printer-friendly view of this topic Hop To: Select a Forum: Category: The Rules -------------------- The Rules Category: GigaStudio/GigaSampler -------------------- GigaStudio Software/System Issues GigaStudio Tips and Tricks GigaStudio Sound Library Lounge GigaStudio General Discussion Zone Category: TASCAM Forums -------------------- Pocketstudio Pocketstudio Network Forum MX-2424 Computer Audio Digital Mixers DJ Products 788 Digital Portastudio CD Recorders DTRS/DAT Recorders Portastudios Dubbers and Post Analog and Vintage Gear TASCAM Website Suggestions

Contact Us | TASCAM.com