• Register
  • Help

Topic: The worst piece!

Share/Bookmark

Talking The worst piece!

I did some digging up of my old MIDI files, and decided to orchestrate my worst one with GPO. The MIDI was created about seven years ago (maybe my bio is really longer than I've stated before ). It's so horrible, it made me laugh to hear it again! It's absolutely terribly horrendous! It's called "The Toy" and only uses three intruments: the viola section, the timpani, and a surprise intrument I'll let you hear for yourself!

Here is the MP3:

The Toy

And for those of you who would like to learn from the orchestration of this piece, here's the score:

The Toy Score

Get it? The Toy 'Score'? He he. The MIDI was never aligned, so the score is rather chaotic! It's just bad.

I hope this does not completely destroy my music credibility. I showed it to some friends in high school for a good laugh, but after that, each new piece I wrote, they would say "This coming from the composer of 'The Toy' " Yes, it's that bad, too bad I couldn't find it during that "Worst Demo" contest! The worst thing about it is that I was seriously working on it so many years ago, and did not think it was that bad.

Please post your comments!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: The worst piece!

Eh, everyone starts from somewhere!! The important thing is that you keep moving in a forward line. I'm sure I could dig up something that would compete

9 pages of midi goodness.

Ha! Where's the popcorn? I could see this running as background music on Sponge Bob! Hey, ya never know! Maybe I'll post one of my first...maybe not.
    Styxx

Ah, yes, that reminds me . . . doesn't the Spongebob movie come out today? Looks like I'll be going to the theater this week!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Dhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa
    Styxx

The old saying "one man's garbage is another man's treasure" applies here. I could SERIOUSLY use this as the score for videos of my new kitten. It's perfect!!! LOVE IT!!! So there!
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

Talking Re: The worst piece!

Hehehe.. Sean, this piece is very funny and yes kind of bad. I'm sure it would had won the Bad piece contest if you had found this piece in time.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Kittens!?! Yes, I can see how kittens could play to this music . . . Actually, that's not a bad idea for a broadway musical . . . "Kittens"!

I'm glad it made you laugh, it made me laugh too . . . then I remembered that I wrote it Boy, I hope the stuff I'm writing now will not make me laugh when I'm older . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum