• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Big Band GPO???

Share/Bookmark

Big Band GPO???

Hi Gary,

Is it true that a big band 'GPO' is being planned on. If so, that sounds great, because I have been looking for decent light-music horns for ages and have haven't found them yet...

Thanks again to you, Tom and everyone else involved and congratulations of all you did so far!!!

Peter

Thumbs up Re: Big Band GPO???

Welcome to the Garritan forum! I can say this for sure, your wait will be well rewarded.
    Styxx

Of my God! If this is executed half as good as GPO it would be phenomenal. It would also be a very smart business decision- I think the demand is there if the quality is there, and I don't think Garritan would release it if it wasn't. I am very excited

Talking Re: Big Band GPO???

Now now. Try to control your enthusiasm. I'm getting a bit tired of cleaning up after everyone!
    Mr. Garritan releasing something inferior. Now that would be something! I'll say one thing for him, he has it covered! With that team of his nothing comes out less than perfect! I still don't understand how they got Buddy Rich to play the drums.
    I also heard their coming out with a "Crooner" library. Samples of Frank Sanatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., and many more samples of voices from the past. You'll be able ... wait, I can't go on with this anymore. For crying out loud ... Dean Martin? Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Could you imagine? You'd be drunk before you're done composing your first song!
    Did you know that Sammy Davis, jr. and Sandy Duncan couldn't see eye to eye?
    OK, that's enough. I have to go and get some sleep. Dean Martin ....
    GPC - Garritan Personal Crooners.
    Styxx

Re: Big Band GPO???

I'm waaaaaay stoked for the Big Band pack. I have to do a lot of horn arrangements and I've been doing it with stock sounds on a Roland. This should rawk!!

Man Fred you really have to play with the Roland sound to get them sounding halfway decent. I have an SC-88 and most of my musicals have horns in them and what a job getting them to sound! I feel for ya and in the same line waiting. But, it will be worth it!
    Styxx

I'm looking forward to hearing the "Pink Panther" demo.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Hi Guyssssss,

Thanks for the quick replies... but is the big band GPO coming out and if yes; when?

If not, which sampled horns can you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Peet78
    Hi Guyssssss,

Thanks for the quick replies... but is the big band GPO coming out and if yes; when?
    Yes, how about a clue?

1. This year

2. Next Spring

3. Don't hold your breath

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Peet78
    Hi Guyssssss,

If not, which sampled horns can you recommend?
    Hey, Peet.

It's considered good practice for software development companies to avoid talking about when a product will be released or what it will contain. Too many things happen during the process of developing it, and that typically leads to people being disappointed because it came out later than announced, instead of just being happy that it's out.

So, you probably won't get any specific answers here about that kind of thing. Don't take that as being overly secretive on their part. It's actually a gesture of respect towards their customers, to keep from yanking people's chains.

The standard rule of software is this: if you need it now, and it's not out now, it doesn't exist.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum