• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio is flying right over my head.. help!

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio is flying right over my head.. help!

GigaStudio24 came w/ my sound card, so I\'m messing with it now. I can\'t even get a simple instrument to play.. the NemeSys MegaPiano. I click on the virtual keyboard.. nothing. The instrument is loaded into channel 1.

Also, I grabbed the Schimmel Piano from www.realprosounds.com and put that in the C:\\Gigs folder. It won\'t show up in the instrument list in GigaStudio. I rebuilt the sample list too. Why won\'t it show up?

If anyone could tell me how to get GS24 working w/ Sonar, I\'d appreciate it. The help is very sparse, and I\'m not making much progress here...

Thanks

Sam

Re: GigaStudio is flying right over my head.. help!

OK, magically it started working [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] All is well. But I\'d like to know.. w/ instruments that have keyswitching (like the SAM Horns solo horn), it shows purple keys.. i assume they\'re the keys that switch articulations. But how do I tell which key does what?

Sorry, I\'m brand new to this & very excited [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sam

PS: Still can\'t get Sonar XL to work w/ Gigastudio

click on the key then play the white keys.

click on a different purple key, then play the white keys...you\'ll hear the difference.

when you\'re composing in a track in Sonar, you can place these keyswitching notes in your sequence (just like regular notes but they don\'t make a sound...) and Gigastudio will switch to that keyswitch. You\'ll hear it.

Thanks but how do I know which keyswitch does what? I can tell the sound difference... but it would be nice to know which key does what exactly

If there was no text file with the Sam trumpet, go to their website and see if there\'s more info. Otherwise, do a search on this forum. I\'m sure it\'s been listed in the sample libraries forum somewhere.

Go Back to forum