• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX and my copy of Backbeat giga

Share/Bookmark

RMX and my copy of Backbeat giga

Hi Eric (others),

Wow the power of RMX is incredible. As I see it, it will breath a whole lot of life into a good backbeat library. What do I need to do to get the ability to convert my giga BB library? Check the site but not clear. Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: RMX and my copy of Backbeat giga

Hey Rob, i'm not Eric but I might have the answer for you. I read somewhere either in the lit that came with RMX or on the website that you just need to contact the tech department at Spectrasonics. Although I didn't realize that there's a Giga version of Backbeat. Did you convert it yourself? If you converted it from the Akai or Roland version either one the Sage converter will convert it into the Stylus version for you. You just need to dig out your original disks. Hope this helps

J-

J-

Your reply got me to think so I checked my original disks. Turns out they are AKAI/EMU

Looks like the conversion will be a snap. I would have bought RMX just for the new stuff with Stylus. Being able to use Backbeat, with say, Choas is just icing on the cake. Not to mention a MUCH easier way to arrange a cue/tune with the RMX interface drag and drop.

Thanks again J.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I got RMX and converted my BB library without a problem. The converter is included and very quick and easy. You will dig it. Pull up a nice BB groove and some perc loops....throw chaos designer on the perc stuff and you will laugh/cry at how cool it sounds.

Hey Kevin, (others)

I loaded my A disk from BB (AKai) and I get the following SAGE converter error

"Cannot read the midi sequence file, please contact tech support"

Has anyone seen this one. I really want to convert BB over to RMX

Thanks
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

I don't know Rob, Mine was a piece of cake on my mac. I noticed another post where someone was having problems with the converter. I converted all my groove control libs and they've worked GREAT! I just wish Ethno Techno was already supported

Go Back to forum