• Register
  • Help

Topic: Latest SAGE converter edition?

Share/Bookmark

Latest SAGE converter edition?

I have 1.0.0.1 for the SAGE converter and yet have a converter error come up on AKAI Backbeat conversion. Is there a later version of this ultility (didn't see one on their site?)

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Latest SAGE converter edition?

Hi.

Spectrasonics is working on another version, but it hasn't been released yet.

Cheers.
    -gabe

Hey thanks Gabe,

I thought I was going nuts. Spectrasonics sends me an email after registering RMX upgrade and says "be sure to update the conveter" and yet all I see for PC is "1.0.5" for the plugin - no mention of any converter update.

Where have you heard of the forthcoming update for the converter? (I would like to track it's progress). I can still use BB like I did before but this RMX looks sooo cool!

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    Where have you heard of the forthcoming update for the converter? (I would like to track it's progress).
    Hi.

I beta-test RMX, so I know that they're working hard to get an update out. Also, Eric has been on the forums several times mentioning that they're working to get the update out as soon as possible.

Cheers.
    -gabe

Many thanks Gabe. This library is really incredible technology. I am so excited to be able to use BB in this manner.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    I have 1.0.0.1 for the SAGE converter and yet have a converter error come up on AKAI Backbeat conversion. Is there a later version of this ultility (didn't see one on their site?)

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Are you using Mac or PC? I've used the SAGE converter that came with RMX DVD's to convert Akai Backbeat successfully on a PC.

I did have a slight problem when converting, my DVD drive failed half way throught the conversion would you believe! I swapped out the drive, and then the conversion was fine eventually. I did have a few times where the converter kept asking for me to insert a disk in the DVD drive even though I'd already inserted it (this never happened with Disk A from memory, it happened at Disk B). I just closed down the converter, deleted any already converted files, reopened the converter and started the conversion again from scratch. After 3 or 4 tries, it all just worked. Perhaps that was more by luck than design!

I've also converted Liquid Grooves Akai which worked first time.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rees
    Are you using Mac or PC? I've used the SAGE converter that came with RMX DVD's to convert Akai Backbeat successfully on a PC.

I did have a slight problem when converting, my DVD drive failed half way throught the conversion would you believe! I swapped out the drive, and then the conversion was fine eventually. I did have a few times where the converter kept asking for me to insert a disk in the DVD drive even though I'd already inserted it (this never happened with Disk A from memory, it happened at Disk B). I just closed down the converter, deleted any already converted files, reopened the converter and started the conversion again from scratch. After 3 or 4 tries, it all just worked. Perhaps that was more by luck than design!

I've also converted Liquid Grooves Akai which worked first time.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Yes I am on SX / PC and cannot even get as far as you got. Was just told on email it will be 3 weeks before there is a fix - hopefully sooner.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Just spoke with the tech shop and it might be a 'few days' before the converter update is out

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum