• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dreaming

Share/Bookmark

Smile Dreaming

Here's a new piece for solo-violin and piano.

click here! (2mb)

Enjoy!

Btw. all comments etc. are appreciated!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Dreaming

Falcon,

It's kinda hard to hear what's going on in this piece. I think there is too much reverb on the violin and the piano is mixed a little low. This combination makes it seem like the instruments are stepping on each other rather than complimenting each other.

I don't mean to be critical...it sounds like there are a lot of great ideas here, but they are hard to hear in the mix.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Talking Re: Dreaming

Ok, here´s a dry version: click here
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Falcon,

Thanks! Musically, it is a very interesting piece, though I'm not sure what to make of it. This is not a criticism...I listened to the piece several times and it seemed to me to suggest something, but I can't place what it is. I really like the interplay between the instruments.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Falcon,

I don't want to get blown out of the water but......

Is this straight from algorythmic composing software? It's very mechanical and over quantised to my ears.....but on the other hand (just in case I'm wrong) it's a brilliant & testing piece of work!

Frank

PS Non of these opinions are mine.

VERY interesting (and in a GOOD way!). I have always been fond of songs where some instrument is doing syncopated stuff and then another instrument is doing slow melody lines and what not over the top. At times I hear this motif, but then it switches to a more classical type of orchestration which is cool too. The articulations were done well (very realistic). The ending was cool especially the swell of the string(s) to accentuate the ending.

All in all, very cool and yet another use of GPO that I wouldn't have thought of. Well done!
    Kevin B. Selby
    http://kevinselby.com <-- Public site
    http://kevinselby.com/gpo <--My music catalog FREE to GPO users: username: gpo - pword: garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Falcon,

I don't want to get blown out of the water but......

Is this straight from algorythmic composing software? It's very mechanical and over quantised to my ears.....but on the other hand (just in case I'm wrong) it's a brilliant & testing piece of work!

Frank

PS Non of these opinions are mine.
    Frank, what do you mean? I wrote it, as I do with all my pieces, in Sibelius and then imported it into Cubase to program it. Just to be sure, you're talking about the production not the composition as "mechanical"?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Thumbs up Re: Dreaming

Falc - I thought this was cool! Maybe it's my background in "New Music" from UB that rather enjoys the contrapuntal rhythms of the piano against the solo violin. Are you maybe thinking of adding a little more to it instrument wise I mean?
    Kind of a neat off the wall piece! This would be cool to play at an avant-garde art showing.
    I liked it very much. Nice, like spumoni!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Frank, what do you mean? I wrote it, as I do with all my pieces, in Sibelius and then imported it into Cubase to program it. Just to be sure, you're talking about the production not the composition as "mechanical"?
    Hi Falcon,

Sorry.....

Frank

It sounds like Bach for the post-minimalist 21 century. At least that is the impression I got. I like it a lot. The "wet" version is a little heavy on the reverb, but I think this needs some reverb.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast