• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale-GPO-big CPU speed Users.. I need HELP!

Share/Bookmark

Finale-GPO-big CPU speed Users.. I need HELP!

I have just purchased GPO and love it except for my pitiful iMac G4s inability to record to file (or even play) my orchestral works. I am not overly concerned, because like most composers today my bread and butter is chamber music. It works beutifully for that. I would like recordings using GPO of my 3 orchestra works. One is a 4 movement Symphony, one Bassoon Concert (3 mvts), and one Violin Concerto (1 mvt so far). I have heard parts of them with GPO by shutting off instruments and listening to different sections, so I got a taste of how nice the sounds for full orchestra are. I even tried recording to file the seperate parts (strings, winds, brass, percussion) and putting them back together, but I can't get an accurate enough playback to sync them. Ack.

So here is my question. Would any Finale 2005 users out there that have a good, fast processor be willing to record these 3 pieces for me. I can send the Finale files completely set up and ready to be played in Finale. I can check all of the playback on my computer one part at a time, I just can't play the whole score at once.

I am a registered GPO user, I want to make that clear so no one thinks I am trying to get a free GPO recording. I am just desperate. I can't think of another way to pull this off. If no one wants to do it, I understand. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Jess H

Re: Finale-GPO-big CPU speed Users.. I need HELP!

I have neither Mac nor Finale, but there may be other options. Do you have any kind of audio recording software, e.g. Logic, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, etc?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

The only thing I have is a free version of the audio software included with Final Cut. It doesn't work with MIDI, though.

Bummer. Well, I'm sure there are some Mac guys here who can help you!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I think I know what you were thinking. I can export MIDI files with Finale. I wonder if maybe I get get some inexpensive sequencing software. That may help with the cpu resources. If anything I could get a more concise playback so I could piece the parts together. Life would be easier if I had a REAL personal orchestra!

I am going to figure this out. Boy, I can't say enough how good these instruments sound. If I would have had this package when I entered the KMTNA composer's competition back in 1993, I might have mad it past regionals. I won state, and one of the judges sheets at the final actually said "the synthesized instruments are awful" .... even though they are not supposed to consider that. It is hard not to. I will be making files of all of my chamber music... and anything that will record ok. I will post it here as soon as I can. I just got to figure out how to get the big ones!

JH

I use Finale 2005 and I've got plenty of CPU and memory. Send me the files and I'll see what I can do.

tony@avantech.co.uk

T

That would be amazing. I have to clean them up and prepare them for playback. But as soon as I can, I will send the files and we can see what you can do for me. I will owe you BIG if you can do this!

Jess H

Thumbs up Re: Finale-GPO-big CPU speed Users.. I need HELP!

[QUOTE=tmonaghan]I use Finale 2005 and I've got plenty of CPU and memory. Send me the files and I'll see what I can do.

THREE CHEERS FOR TONY.....nice to see we're
    still helping one another. You beat me to it.

Paul O
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Wow! Thanks for the cheers! Always happy to help. I notice you live in Houston - me too only Houston, Scotland (a lot smaller and colder).

Tony

Go Back to forum