• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Midi interface

Share/Bookmark

Question Midi interface

I'm in need of a new midi interface but not a real elaborate one. There are so many on the market today it boggles what cells I have left in this twisted old brain of mine.
    Any pro recommendations for let's say about a gumball price range, $60 to $85000? No, no, no, stop that! $60 to $80 dollars, greenbacks, graybacks, humpbacks, pullbacks, mambacks you know what I meantsk.

It has to handle multiple tasks like, backing bread and cooking pasta while routing clams across the grill and basting the turkey while chopping wood and cleaning my room while slapping Brian’s trout and reading J.B.'s tutorial on how not to get caught up wasting your time reading my posts about me needing a new midi interface as apposed to an outerface which in reality is not my real face so let's face it Gary let me join this forum cause he felt sorry for me cause I don't save face with my interface place space face....
    Styxx

Re: Midi interface

Hey styxx,I can get you the Edirol UM-2c midi interface 2 in 2 out for $58.00 .Let me know and I will order it in.

Does Midiman still make the MidiSport USB interfaces? I have two of the 4in-4out, and they serve well.

Stevemitchell

I,m not shure if they do the um models are now the latest and greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by music man
    Hey styxx,I can get you the Edirol UM-2c midi interface 2 in 2 out for $58.00 .Let me know and I will order it in.
    I bought some Edirol gear, their UMM-8 rack mount MIDI routers, and these guys do really nice work. I'm sure their interfaces are just as good.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

m-audio MidiMan 2x2 UBS is about $50 usually. I have two of those and a 2x4. great little boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm in need of a new midi interface but not a real elaborate one. There are so many on the market today it boggles what cells I have left in this twisted old brain of mine.

Well, I use the Midiman 1x1, got it about 1 1/2 years ago, under $50,I think. No troubles at all. But the included driver at the time did not work with XP, as I was forewarned, so I downloaded the new driver, and installed it, and it has been troublefree. You may get a warning that says this program is not digitallly signed by Microsoft, but it is safe to ignore it. Microsoft did/does not have a test for this type of sotware.

Richard

I own a 2x2 as well. I second it as a choice as well.
    Jonathan Kerr
    J.Kerr Music, Inc

Well, I have a 4X4 but only run it during the winter in high snow. Oh, yeah wait ... I sold that buggy a while back, sorry.
    So many choices ... I'm sooooo confused!
    Styxx

There is a new midi controller keyboard by M Audio - the makers of the ground breaking sound card 2496.
    The keyboard has a fantastic price £325 UK. I have seen it in the flesh and it is well costructed for studio standard. It has weighted keys and a full spec:

88 Keys
    • 9 Assignable Faders
    • 24 Assignable Rotary Dials
    • 22 Assignable Buttons
    • 1 MIDI OUT socket
    • 1 MIDI IN socket
    • 1 USB socket
    • 1 DC Power Supply Socket
    • 9 Function Buttons
    • 4 Zone/Group Buttons
    • 1 Zone/Group select button
    • 2 Octave shift Buttons