• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Powell Bows Out

Share/Bookmark

Powell Bows Out

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    You know, even the people who have worked for the guy can't take 4 more years of him!

What was this country thinking???
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Powell Bows Out

Taken from CNN:

"I will always treasure the four years that I have spent with President Bush and with the wonderful men and women of the Department of State," Powell told reporters. "I think we've accomplished a great deal."

Bush accepted the resignation Friday, Powell said, adding, "It has always been my intention that I would serve one term."

Not quite as disgruntled as you made him out to be - or maybe he was just being polite?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    Not quite as disgruntled as you made him out to be - or maybe he was just being polite?
    Powell is smart enough not to burn his bridges. He won't write a "tell all" book either. He doesn't want to jinx his own political career or that of his son.

-JF

I'd sure like to jinx his son's career. What a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    "I will always treasure the four years that I have spent with President Bush and with the wonderful men and women of the Department of State," Powell told reporters. "I think we've accomplished a great deal."
    Translation: Bush is a major a*hole but, hey, he sure knows how to give the American public a good, satisfying screw. Thanks to me, those dumba*ses actually BELIEVED our b.s. about WMDs and we've got over a thousand dead to prove it!!

What do you expect him to say? "I can't stand the F---er, he totally screwed up my diplomatic efforts and made me look like an idiot in front of the UN!"

Well, I really don't know how disgruntled he might or might not be, I just can't help but think that if he was really happy at his job he would have stuck it out.

It's kinda funny to think that members of the Bush team probably really hoped he would lose!
    >>Kays

Bush accepted the resignation Friday, Powell said, adding, "It has always been my intention that I would serve one term."

If I were a democrat, (or a republican senator), I would be worried. He could be a serious candidate for 2008.

Powel against Hilary.

Interesting situation...

Despite many disagreements with them, I have no problem with Republicans like Colin Powell is. It's the reckless neo-cons who have said and proven that they'll stop at nothing who are so vile.

No one here has considered the likelihood that Powell was simply not asked to stay. Powell, after all, did his best to continue the U.S. policy of appeasement toward the likes of Iran and North Korea, and we all know how effective this approach has been over the past several decades.

I would think that those of you who oppose our unilateral efforts should be very sad to see Powell go. I, for one, am not, and won't be at all surprised to see him as part of a Democratic ticket in the future.

If I were a democrat, (or a republican senator), I would be worried. He could be a serious candidate for 2008.
    I like Powell. I wouldn't mind him as President, he is a true moderate and would definitely be a uniter and not a divider.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions about Democrats is that they don't like Republicans and that is simply not true....we just don't like Bush!
    >>Kays

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast